Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Skin care tips for dry skin in summer

sarahb8244sarahb8244 Raw Newbie

Maybe somebody know how to treat dry skin in summer, any recommendations for sunprotection, moisturizing, etc! Thanks a lot for help))

Comments

• Richa94Richa94 Raw Jr. Leader

Skincare routine changes according to the season. In winter our skin gets dehydrated so, to keep ourselves hydrated drink plenty amount of water it will help in detoxifying our body as well as provide the glow to your skin. Do not forget to apply sunscreen lotion in summer it will moisturize your skin as well as protect it from UV rays. 

kaleyj
  • kaleyjkaleyj Raw Newbie

I agree that it is very important to drink a lot of water! I also have dry skin and I use moisturizing creams even in summer, especially night creams.It is also possible to buy special masks or use do-it-yourself masks with fresh fruits and vegetables.

ClaireT
  • AsusanneaAAsusanneaA Raw Jr. Leader

Don't forget about drinking loads of water, especially after you wake up because the body is dehydrated during the night even more so if you are sweating during the sleep. Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize! I use coconut oil instead of body butter on my body but not on my face! (it breaks me out) because it is so readily available I buy it at any store in the meantime while I'm doing my groceries. When it comes to face protection I don't recommend using anything containing the famous 'UV filter' apparently it is even more damaging than actual exposure to the sun. What I'm using are natural essential oils, I'm currently using the Virginic ones, I can be safe and sure as they don't contain any chemicals or alcohol. The one that makes sure my face is nicely moisturized is this Jojoba Oil -> https://virginic.com/collections/oils/products/golden-jojoba-oil. ;

• RondrekaRondreka Raw Newbie
    Coconut oil on your body immediately after a shower... African shea butter is also great and contains a natural spf
    ClaireT
  • navgosalnavgosal Raw Newbie

Having dry skin in summer can be a relief from the predicaments and pains of oily skin. There are few things worse than oily skin in summer. Even though dry skin in summer can be a blessing this does not meant that you will not have to care for your skin. Your skin is in danger during summer no matter what your skin type is. So it is important to know a few important skin care tips for dry skin that you can resort to during the sweltering heat.

Every season brings in good news for some and bad for others. Summer is good news, rather great news for people with dry skin.

Homemade Face Packs For Dry Skin In Summer

The mantra to keep you fresh and glowing is to diligently apply sunscreen and take the help of some homemade packs. Here are few face packs for you to try out this summer.

1. Papaya Face Pack

Papaya is a natural exfoliator which removes dead skin cells and has anti-aging properties too. It is known for balancing moisture content in dry skin. The best part is that it is a single ingredient mask which is very effective. So no more excuses

2. Yogurt Face Pack

Yogurt retains the moisture in the skin and revives dull skin. It also acts as natural bleach. Honey moisturizes and softens skin naturally.

3. Reach for Aloe Vera

One of the downsides of summer is the increased risk of sunburn due to prolonged periods of time spent outdoors. While applying (and reapplying) sunscreen can help keep sunburn at bay, if you’re not diligent you could still end up with irritated skin. To help soothe any irritation on dry skin or otherwise, reach for aloe vera, a moisturizing powerhouse with antiseptic benefits. From gels to lotions, you can find aloe vera in a wide range of skin care products. The best part? You can apply it onto your skin for reasons beyond just sunburns. If your skin is lacking moisture, lather it on!

4. Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask

This royal face pack works wonders for dry skin. Almonds have natural vitamin E oil that prevents dryness.

Things needed For Almond And Rose Water Face Mask

Almonds
    Rose water

How To Prepare Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask?

Soak 10 almonds overnight and grind them into a smooth paste.
    Add some rose water to this.
    Apply it on your face.
    Wash off with normal water.

Now that you know how to care for your dry skin in the summer, you may be curious as to what’s really causing it.

Thanks,

Nav

ClaireTAsusanneaAbeautyskincare
  • AsusanneaAAsusanneaA Raw Jr. Leader
    navgosal said:

Having dry skin in summer can be a relief from the predicaments and pains of oily skin. There are few things worse than oily skin in summer. Even though dry skin in summer can be a blessing this does not meant that you will not have to care for your skin. Your skin is in danger during summer no matter what your skin type is. So it is important to know a few important skin care tips for dry skin that you can resort to during the sweltering heat.

Every season brings in good news for some and bad for others. Summer is good news, rather great news for people with dry skin.

Homemade Face Packs For Dry Skin In Summer

The mantra to keep you fresh and glowing is to diligently apply sunscreen and take the help of some homemade packs. Here are few face packs for you to try out this summer.

1. Papaya Face Pack

Papaya is a natural exfoliator which removes dead skin cells and has anti-aging properties too. It is known for balancing moisture content in dry skin. The best part is that it is a single ingredient mask which is very effective. So no more excuses

2. Yogurt Face Pack

Yogurt retains the moisture in the skin and revives dull skin. It also acts as natural bleach. Honey moisturizes and softens skin naturally.

3. Reach for Aloe Vera

One of the downsides of summer is the increased risk of sunburn due to prolonged periods of time spent outdoors. While applying (and reapplying) sunscreen can help keep sunburn at bay, if you’re not diligent you could still end up with irritated skin. To help soothe any irritation on dry skin or otherwise, reach for aloe vera, a moisturizing powerhouse with antiseptic benefits. From gels to lotions, you can find aloe vera in a wide range of skin care products. The best part? You can apply it onto your skin for reasons beyond just sunburns. If your skin is lacking moisture, lather it on!

4. Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask

This royal face pack works wonders for dry skin. Almonds have natural vitamin E oil that prevents dryness.

Things needed For Almond And Rose Water Face Mask

Almonds
    Rose water

How To Prepare Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask?

Soak 10 almonds overnight and grind them into a smooth paste.
    Add some rose water to this.
    Apply it on your face.
    Wash off with normal water.

Now that you know how to care for your dry skin in the summer, you may be curious as to what’s really causing it.

Thanks,

Nav

WOW! So much new, interesting information. Thank you for posting, I've learned A L O T. I'm screenshoting it and saving for later laughing

beautyskincare
  • EvanAdkinsEvanAdkins Raw Newbie
    edited December 2022

If you have dry skin, maintain a water balance, especially in summer. In hot weather, you sweat a lot, and your body feels a lack of water. Consequently, your dry skin will feel even more uncomfortable. It's important to use sunscreen. I usually use SPF 30 in winter and SPF 50 in summer. My favourite SPF cream from La Roche-Posay reliably protects against UV rays. It's great for those with pigment spots. If you have dehydrated skin, it's a great product for summer. I also go to the spa periodically to get the treatments I need.