Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Easy to clean juicer?

Hi,

I am interested in finding a good juicer that is easy to clean up. Any recommendations would be swell.

Thanks.

Comments

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I really like my breville compact juicer because its fast. I looked at the masticating juicers like the Omega and Green Star, but I need to be able to do it quicker if I'm going to juice every morning.

But your question was about cleanup...also a huge concern of mine. I think the breville cleans up really easy. I pretty much dump the pulp then rinse the three parts--you have to brush the filter so it doesnt clog...all in all it takes 2-3 minutes maybe. It does help if you have a garbage disposal or a compost heap (or use the pulp in recipes). I think the biggest factor is cleaning it right away, the sooner you clean it the easier it is. I always clean before I drink.

Here's a video of it, it shows how to clean it about 6 minutes in...

There's also a higher priced Breville "Fountain" that has an external pulp container, I think that might be slightly easier to clean. It also can make more juice.

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

I have the Omega 8005 and it's VERY easy to clean. There's no blades to tediously try and get pulp out (like with the Champion juicer, which by all means is still a good juicer). In fact, if I juice and clean it right away all I really need to do is run all the parts under water. There's a small screen that I occasionally need to brush a bit.

Anyhow, I LOVE this juicer and I'm glad I bought it. The only thing is that it doesn't juice apples very well. It kind of makes it in to apple sauce which you would then have to press. It juices every else like greens, carrots, ginger, perfectly! It's masticating so it moves kind of slow but I think that's a good thing because it doesn't oxidize the juice, doesn't weigh too much, and is relatively quite : )

• Thank you schmoopee and GlitterGirl for the suggestions.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I've owned a Champion, which is pretty popular, and I thought it was easy to clean. About two minutes.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I've just bought a juicer today and it's a Philips HR1861 Pro Aluminium Juicer. Only used it once so far but it was easy to clean out. Probably took about 5 mins if that.

Dead excited about getting into juicing!

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

Aluminum? Seems like that would leach in to your juice...

RawHouse Deleted
  • sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

The Aluminium is just on the outside. There are other models which look a bit different so it's more of a description of the overall look.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

How about a VitaMix... and you can blend green smoothies... then put the "smoothie" through a cheesecloth to remove a lot of the fiber, thus making it more like juice. It's easy to clean.

Well... it's an alternative choice to juicing.

• Anyone know about the l'equip models? I was looking at the 110.5 and 215 if anyone knows which is better for a small juicer.

• I have the Omega 8005 and it's VERY easy to clean. There's no blades to tediously try and get pulp out (like with the Champion juicer, which by all means is still a good juicer). In fact, if I juice and clean it right away all I really need to do is run all the parts under water. There's a small screen that I occasionally need to brush a bit.

Anyhow, I LOVE this juicer and I'm glad I bought it. The only thing is that it doesn't juice apples very well. It kind of makes it in to apple sauce which you would then have to press. It juices every else like greens, carrots, ginger, perfectly! It's masticating so it moves kind of slow but I think that's a good thing because it doesn't oxidize the juice, doesn't weigh too much, and is relatively quite : )

Agree with you. I got Omega NC900HDC(specs are here) and I think it's a similar model, I'm really happy to get that!

• daniel6daniel6 Raw Newbie
    Satchy said:

Hi,

I am interested in finding a good juicer that is easy to clean up. Any recommendations would be swell.

Thanks.

Amzing Good

• walishahwalishah Raw Newbie

i cant remmebr name of company but got all in one juicer which can do multiple jobs

• PercyParhamPercyParham Raw Newbie
    edited November 2022

Omega is always better for easy cleaning. I have owned Omega series. My main objective of buying the slow juicer is to juice leafy vegetable. During the initial 6-9 months, we were using this to juice spinach, celery, carrots, green apple. Now, too lazy .....because preparation [cut into small pieces] of the vegetable/fruits and subsequent washing of the juicer require a lot of efforts.

You’d clean it the same way you would any other juicer but with this, it has built in wiper blades that un-clog pulp from your juicing screen. Just pour some water in the spout, let it run and then when you take it apart you just need to give it a good rinse.

• edited January 2023

Hi, Satchy 

I was also struggling to find a good, affordable, easy-to-clean juicer. 

And finally, I found some that are easy to clean. 

I hope this list will also work for you. 

1. Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain

2. KOIOS Juicer – Slow Juice Extractor 

3. AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor 

4. KOTLIE Juicer Machine 

5. Aobosi Slow Masticating Juicer Machine 

6. ORFELD Slow Masticating Juicer 

7. ORFELD Cold Press Juicer 

8. Mueller Juicer Ultra Power 

9. Hamilton Beach Juicer Machine 

10. BLACK+DECKER