Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

carrot juice stains

rawpatiencerawpatience Raw Newbie

I was wondering if there are any tips on how to thoroughly remove carrot juice from the juicer. I hand wash it with very hot water and soap and I’ve tried vinegar, but nothing seems to get off that oily orange residue. Thanks.

emmaj

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I don’t have any eco friendly solutions. I used soft scrub with bleach, and it definately has chemicals.

• rawpatiencerawpatience Raw Newbie

Hmmm. I also wonder if that residue contains bacteria that may seep back into new juice batches…

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

what about backing soda?

Yes, good thought, will try that next!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

what about lemon juice and leaving it in the sun?

That might work in the summertime, but we are a bit short of the sun most of the year where I live :o)

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Try olive oil on a paper towel. Sounds weird, but works like a gem on mine :)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I don’t think the stain indicates the presence of bacteria. I recently bought a Lexen juicer, which has a regular and wheat juice auger. The one for regular fruits/veggies is orange and the one for wheatgrass is green. I remembered fighting with the stains on my Omega and thought coloring the augers was really a smart idea.

emmaj

That was a smart idea! Rawmama, the olive oil worked pretty darned well…thanks for the tip!

• beepsandclicksbeepsandclicks Raw Newbie

Looks like you already solved your stain crisis, but just in case… I see you tried white vinegar, but did you pour boiling water over the stain afterwards? That might be the key. I just did this on some pretty major blueberry stains and it worked like magic!

• Nature Clean Oxygen Bleach…Ingredients: A NON-PETROLEUM, NON-PHOSPHATE MINERAL BASED OXYGEN BLEACH CREATED FROM SODIUM PERCARBONATE (A FORM OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE AND SODA ASH) AND SODIUM CARBONATE. I use it on everything and it is safe for colors

• We have a GreenStar juicer. In the instructions, it says you can remove stains by soaking your juicer in warm water and baking soda.

We are going to try this method this weekend. I will let you know our results.

• emmajemmaj Raw Newbie
    edited July 2022

Carrots are BAD. My dd also spits up large quantities of food. Here is what works for me, specifically with carrots. Spray everything with SHOUT first(asap after you're done with feeding). Then wash as usual (clothes on cold gentle, bibs I do cold first, then hot if it didn't come out the first time). If the initial wash didn't get out the stain (as is often the case with carrots and other orange veggies), then I put a thick coating of BIZ (liquid), and rub it in well. Then I soak in very HOT water with 4 scoops of OxiClean in a bathroom sink for at least 4 hours, usually overnight. Then I wash on hot (if possible) with normal detergent.

I have NOT had good luck with ZOUT although I have many friends that swear by it.

This works well for us we don't have any bibs with stains right now. If I'm in a hurry and can't scrub and soak so much, I put the BIZ directly on the stain and wash in hot with 1 scoop of OxiClean
    and regular detergent.