Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sensitive teeth since bring raw

2»

Comments

• This book/website if very helpful

http://www.curetoothdecay.com/

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

you mentioned lemons....that would do it, if used on a daily basis.

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

I think when you have citrus fruits,it is a good idea to rinse your mouth out with water after, also you might drink the juice through a straw.

• Hello,

I have for a long time given up raw food since my teeth started to brake and fall out on the raw food diet. Pains, sensitivites finally made me give it up. I never ate much fruit, mostly berries, leafy greens, vegetables, good oils etc. For a few years I stayed away from a 100 % raw diet until I read something about teeth on a web site called something like: Age Defying Women. They had some nice stories about teeth recoverings but it came a few years to late. I could never understand why this would happen to me and now, I can't chew. Five of my teeth are gone, two is on their way and had a lot of pain. So I started to look for another kind of healthy diet. I found No Carb, High Fat. Today, my mouth is always clean and the pain is gone. I use pure animal fats and wholesome cream, and eat locally caught fish and are doing great! How come this is? If fruit and veggies are so good for you, then why this? It should be the other way around. I could blend my veggies but the more I ate, the more trouble with my teeth. Are fruits just being made of sugar and veggies full of carbs? I don't know but I do know; I lost several teeth on the raw diet.This is so discouraging. But I wonder, I don't think we are built for eating pine apples, mangoes, citrus, and all the other imported fruis and stuff. It's okej for the nativs living in that area but not for us up here in the North. Aren't we better off eating what our natural enviroment is producing? Today, I look for stuff in season growing here in my country and stay with that. Hopefully my health will improve even more but it is so sad, all those years on a raw diet left me with almost no teeth...and I'm only 45...

Love from Sweden...

• At me a question about removal wisdom teeth

Several days ago have removed a wisdom tooth. Have removed very quickly (literally 5 minutes) and it is almost painless. On the one hand - it is good, on the other hand confuses the following - somehow very quickly the doctor was quit with me. Read, that before removal wisdom teeth do a picture - to me did not do, read, that before removal a tooth split up - to me did not split up (in my opinion it it has pulled out at once though a tooth after removal I did not see). Besides, I have not experienced, that a wound somehow processed after removal (like have put a medicine, but I have not noticed it - all very quickly).

Once earlier I deleted other wisdom tooth and to me put a wadded tampon. This time a tampon did not put - have told, that this approach is already obsolete.

Probably I in vain worry, but it would be desirable that someone has calmed.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

i think it's usually the high-fat raw fooders who have these problems.

• Sorry to hear about your troubles Lena. I have hundreds of aquintances in Dr Grahams chat forum, all who are fruitarians like myself, who enjoy excellent health including our teeth. I eat almost exclusively raw fruit and greens and have no tooth problems at all. I live at 45 deg North by the way and am 48 years old. Given the large numbers of fruitarians who enjoy excellent health including their teeth, the cause of your troubles probably is not eating raw fruit and veggies.

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

According To Kevin Guilani Eating to Much FRUIT causes you teeth to Hurt... He says stick with the Greens and Eat Fruit Sparingly...

ClaireT
  • sandnesspeaksandnesspeak Raw Newbie

Quickly raise the pH of your mouth after eating (and thus avoid enamel damage), swish your mouth out with a mixture of water and baking soda, which has an alkaline pH of about 8.2. This works wonders.

• Shakti OmShakti Om Raw Newbie
    New to raw diet and both wife and i experiencing high teeth sensitivity. I just found this article that makes sense ti me. https://rawfoodsos.com/2010/01/24/dental-drama-tooth-problems-on-the-raw-diet-part-1/
    ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Shakti Om said:
    New to raw diet and both wife and i experiencing high teeth sensitivity. I just found this article that makes sense ti me. https://rawfoodsos.com/2010/01/24/dental-drama-tooth-problems-on-the-raw-diet-part-1/

I like the list at the bottom of that article. It's helpful to know which foods are more likely to cause a problem (and which aren't). 

• marinay4510marinay4510 Raw Newbie

I have the same issue... I have been told to try tooth powder instead of toothpaste to alleviate this. Also, greens as has been said, and rinse your mouth after fruit meals! 

• edited September 2022

There are many reasons for tooth sensitivity, and sensitive toothpaste can help safeguard against painful teeth sensitivity. Distinguish the reason for your tooth sensitivity and ask your dental expert for exhortation.

• ortiz77ortiz77 Raw Newbie
    edited September 2022

Tooth sensitivity can happen when tooth veneer has been worn out, and the dentin or even the nerves of teeth are uncovered. At the point when these surfaces are uncovered, eating or drinking something with a very low or high temperature might make you feel an unexpected, sharp blaze of torment.

• SinzOfMan said:

I have no help to offer, but would just like to mention that I have also noticed my teeth become more sensitive since being raw. From what I’ve read, teeth problems don’t show up overnight. Eating raw only brings our awareness forth. So you can now feel the problems that were already there.

As for fixes? I’m interested to see how other people have dealt with this as well. I’m just hoping it all works itself out!

here is an epiphany i had, after my dentist told me you shouldn’t brush your teeth sooner than 30 minutes AFTER you eat. the acids in the food are still in your mouth and so you are effectively using those acids to brush your teeth. this can cause gum recession and teeth sensitivity.

it MAY be what you are eating, but if you brush your teeth frequently, like me, it’s more likely to be what i just said.

hope that helps.

another thing: when we are stressed we brush our teeth and gums HARDER which isn’t good either. you really should be more “gently painting your teeth with your toothbrush” than “brushing” them.

ClaireT
  • ArshiArshi Raw Newbie
    edited August 2023

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experience sensitive teeth due to being raw? I have been raw a few months and my teeth are painfully sensitive to cold and sweets.

I was eating way too many sweets in the beginning, but I have gotten that under control and I have been feeling better….except my teeth!

My friend suggested too much citrus, but I only use lemon juice in recipes.

Thanks!

It's possible that the sensitivity is due to the natural sugars in fruit and the lack of protective factors from cooked food. Try incorporating more calcium-rich foods and see a dentist to rule out any underlying issues.

ClaireT
  • edited August 2023

Hi Everyone,

The same problem affects me. To solve this, I was advised to try using tooth powder rather than toothpaste. Greens are also recommended, as have mouthwash and fruit meals!

• ajc said:

I think when you have citrus fruits,it is a good idea to rinse your mouth out with water after, also you might drink the juice through a straw.

Absolutely, when you eat such fruits as orange, lemons, etc it will rinse your mouth with water. This is a better idea than ever.