raw cacao for children?

beepsandclicksbeepsandclicks Raw Newbie

Does anyone have any thoughts on raw cacao for children?...is it too stimulating? Does raw cacao contain caffeine? I would really like to try that “tapioca” pudding someone recently posted (chia seeds, cacao and agave) as a treat for my 15 month old, but I’m afraid of unleashing his sweet tooth a bit and also don’t want him to get jittery. Thanks! Debra

lukkas

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Well, I’m 12 and eat raw cacao. I never get jittery and if anything it makes me feel pleasant. I know what you mean about the chia pudding – it’s delicious. I posted that recipe a while back but deleted it because there were so many versions of the same recipe.

I don’t suggest giving a large amount to a 15 mo old, but a small bowl certainly wouldn’t do any harm. I don’t think any amount would do any harm, but just in case.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

David Wolfe’s site states: Cacao contains subtle amounts of caffeine and theobromine. However, experiments have shown that these stimulants are different when consumed raw than cooked.

Cheers,

Kristen Suzanne

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

All the nutrition facts I’ve seen say that cacao has theobromine, which acts LIKE caffeine, but they’re not the same, and yes, I feel much differently with raw cacao than with non-raw, although I feel the best with the Sunfood brand.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

We just had Kate Love Magic Wood (www.rawliving.eu) to stay with her 3 raw boys. She gives them cacao every day. They are very well behaved, calm and a pleasure to be around. If you do give your children cacao, I think it is important not to give too much of it, more like a homeopathic quantity, and balance it with a heck of a lot of greens.

• beepsandclicksbeepsandclicks Raw Newbie

Thanks,all! I made him some of the chia/cacao stuff and it worked out great. I’m totally craving the stuff now…yum!

• lukkaslukkas Raw Newbie

Does anyone have any thoughts on raw cacao for children?...is it too stimulating? Does raw cacao contain caffeine? I would really like to try that “tapioca” pudding someone recently posted (chia seeds, cacao and agave) as a treat for my 15 month old, but I’m afraid of unleashing his sweet tooth a bit and also don’t want him to get jittery. Thanks! Debra

Can you share the recipe with me please, I want to make it for my boys <3