Pumfu? Tofu replacement becoming popular

alexispalexisp Raw Jr. Leader

I’ve seen this tofu replacement made of 100% pumpkin seeds and filter water. Does anyone know if this is raw? 

Answers

• alexispalexisp Raw Jr. Leader

Anyone?

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I'm not sure about that one. If they had to process it, it's probably been heated. 

• harrisonf64 Deletedharrisonf64 Deleted Raw Newbie
    edited March 2023

Hello, without 

knowing the specific brand or product you are referring to, it's difficult to say for certain whether or not the tofu replacement made of 100% pumpkin seeds and filtered water is raw. However, I can provide some general information that may be helpful.

Raw food typically refers to food that has not been cooked or heated above a certain temperature (usually around 104-118°F or 40-48°C). This is because some people believe that cooking food above this temperature can destroy enzymes and nutrients that are beneficial for health.

If the pumpkin seed tofu replacement is made using a raw food technique, it is possible that it is considered a raw food product. This may involve soaking and sprouting the pumpkin seeds before blending them with filtered water to create a tofu-like texture. However, it's important to note that not all raw food products are made using the same techniques or standards, and some may be processed or cooked in some way.

If you are looking for a specific product's information, I would recommend checking the packaging or contacting the manufacturer directly to ask about their production process and whether or not the product is considered raw. 

ClaireT