Hi everyone!

I’ve been reading the forums for about 3 weeks now and have learned so much from all of you already! I feel connected to you and realized I should just go ahead and join already. I have been vegan for a little over a year and my decision to be more committed to whole foods veganism led me almost instantly to the concept of raw foods. I would like to transition slowly over the course of this coming year, giving myself plenty of time to experiment.I won’t say now that I aspire to 100% raw all of the time. “Mostly raw” sounds great and like a real adventure! I recently did one week of about 75% raw and then decided to sample a cooked vegan curry dish with potatoes and WHITE rice, just to see how my body responded. Wow. I felt awful afterward, very congested.It was fascinating. The week of being mostly raw felt wonderful. I didn’t expect to feel that good that fast, but I did. I can only imagine how I would feel on a sustained raw diet!

I’m so happy to be here and look forward to this journey :)

Comments

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi LovesPeter, welcome !!!

• Thanks, Lucy!

Sorry to all for the double Intro post. I just realized it.

• Hey LovesPeter, I have the same experience, whenever I have some cooked food it’s just awful, sets me back about a week I think. (I’ve been 95% raw for 3 months) Staying 100% raw is challenging for sure, but the benefits are wonderful. When I manage it, I feel so good, energtic, almost bouncy is how I describe it, a wonderful lightness of being. I just wish that more restaurants in my town had a truely raw option. Business lunches are difficult. Best of luck and good journeys.

• That’s awesome LovesPeter! That’s the thing so many people wouldn’t believe until it happened to them!