Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What are some of the best ways to reduce dark spots?

Hello Beautiful People

I was having very clear and bright skin, but for some days I have been noticing dark spots on my skin. These dark spots are very noticeable in the morning, and some gradually get bigger. I am worried about what is causing these dark spots and how to get rid of them. I have been doing some research and saw that sun exposure, excessive stress, poor diet, lack of sleep, and hormonal changes could cause dark spots on the skin.
I have been trying to reduce the dark spots on my skin by using a good sunscreen, eating healthy foods, keeping stress levels in check, and getting enough sleep. In addition, I am also researching natural remedies to lighten the dark spots and reduce their appearance. I am hoping that with some patience and effort, I can get rid of these dark spots.
I know that it will take time for any changes to be seen, but I am determined to make sure my skin is healthy and free from any unwanted dark spots. However, I am here to ask a few questions from this platform so I can add them to my daily routine.

Are there any natural remedies that can help lighten and reduce the appearance of dark spots?

What should I do if my skin is irritated due to using sunscreens or other treatments?

What should I avoid when trying to reduce my dark spots?

Where can I get coupons and discounts for purchasing products related to reducing dark spots?

I look forward to hearing everyone's advice and suggestions. Thank you!

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I use a natural-enzyme papaya scrub that works really well for clearing away minor discoloration and scarring. If you can find one, it might help. 

• symaksymak Raw Newbie
    edited March 2023

Hello Everyone

A few days ago, I asked a few questions about skin issues and got many answers from all of you. I am very thankful for that. Now I am here to share some tips and tricks I have learned to help tackle skin issues.

1) One of the best ways to reduce dark spots is to regularly apply sunscreen with at least an SPF of 30. Sunscreen will help protect your skin from further damage and lighten existing dark spots. You can also use chemical exfoliants, such as glycolic or lactic acid.

2) Yes, many natural remedies can help with dark spots. Using potato juice or lemon juice twice daily on the area with dark spots will help to lighten and reduce their appearance. Aloe vera gel is also known to be effective in skin lightening as it contains antioxidants that can help to repair damaged skin cells.

3) If your skin is irritated due to using sunscreens or other treatments, it's important to take a break and give your skin time to recover. Avoiding any further exposure to the sun's UV rays can help reduce irritation while also slowing down the darkening process of dark spots.

4) It's important to avoid any harsh ingredients, including acne treatments that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. These can be very irritating to the skin and can worsen existing dark spots. Additionally, it's best to avoid any products that contain chemicals.

• jackiedfoy Deletedjackiedfoy Deleted Raw Newbie
    edited April 2023
    symak said:

Hello Beautiful People

I was having very clear and bright skin, but for some days I have been noticing dark spots on my skin. These dark spots are very noticeable in the morning, and some gradually get bigger. I am worried about what is causing these dark spots and how to get rid of them. I have been doing some research and saw that sun exposure, excessive stress, poor diet, lack of sleep, and hormonal changes could cause dark spots on the skin.
    I have been trying to reduce the dark spots on my skin by using a good sunscreen, eating healthy foods, keeping stress levels in check, and getting enough sleep. In addition, I am also researching natural remedies to lighten the dark spots and reduce their appearance. I am hoping that with some patience and effort, I can get rid of these dark spots.
    I know that it will take time for any changes to be seen, but I am determined to make sure my skin is healthy and free from any unwanted dark spots. However, I am here to ask a few questions from this platform so I can add them to my daily routine.

Are there any natural remedies that can help lighten and reduce the appearance of dark spots?

What should I do if my skin is irritated due to using sunscreens or other treatments?

Where can I get coupons and discounts for purchasing products related to reducing dark spots?

To reduce dark spots, you can try using topical creams or serums containing ingredients like retinoids, vitamin C, niacinamide, and hydroquinone. Chemical peels and laser treatments can also be effective, but it's important to consult a dermatologist before undergoing these procedures.

Some natural remedies that may help lighten dark spots include using lemon juice, aloe vera, green tea, turmeric, and apple cider vinegar. However, it's important to note that natural remedies may not be as effective as medical treatments and can sometimes irritate the skin.

If your skin is irritated due to using sunscreens or other treatments, you should stop using the product and consult a dermatologist. They may recommend switching to a different product or using a milder formulation.

When trying to reduce dark spots, you should avoid sun exposure without protection, picking or scratching at the spots, and using harsh scrubs or exfoliants.

• ishah Deletedishah Deleted Raw Newbie
    edited September 2023
    symak said:

Hello Beautiful People

Hi, 
    These days natural remedies are old fashioned as well as they take too much time in giving results and we all give up on them ultimately. I also got the same issue it mostly occurs to me in summers I personally used Rosehip seed oil. It worrked for me I hope this will also helpful for you. I mentioned the link for brand concerns. 
    Regards, 

ClaireT
  • evawillmsevawillms Raw Newbie
    edited December 2023
    symak said:

Hello Beautiful People

Protecting your skin from the sun is crucial. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF, wear protective clothing, and seek shade when the sun is strongest.

• Hello,

I have experienced a similar situation. What worked for me was applying lemon, coconut oil and mashed cucumber or avocado as a mask. 

You would prepare this for an evening remedy as you don't want to expose your face in sunlight with the application of lemon.

As an alternative, macadamia or tee tree oil is also very helpful.

I wish you success with your treatment.

:)

ClaireT
  • Helllo! everybody this is Elle Smith. As a health and wellness expert, I'll love to help people with my knowledge feel free to share your thoughts with me and thankyou for your time.

Hey! Symak smile in my opinion, reducing dark spots is a gentle journey. Some of the key factors you need to follow are such as prioritize using daily a  sunscreen, embrace a kind cleansing routine, and keep your skin hydrated. Consider Vitamin C for a radiant boost, and remember, patience is key. Healthy habits and, if needed, expert advice round out your skincare strategy.