Dense raw carbs

liliblilib Raw Newbie

Hi,

I'm a newbie to a raw vegan diet but only just started four days ago, having previously been an omnivore. I tried keto in a previous attempt to lose weight but felt terrible – not the keto flu, but had weird mental feelings that I called the "horrors". This stopped when I upped my carbs. I've started to get the horrors again on the raw vegan diet and this stopped when I added cooked sweet potatoes. My question is what dense carbs can I eat that aren't cooked? Or should I just carry on with the cooked addition until I've got used to being raw?

Thanks,

Lilib

ClaireT

Best Answer

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

I went heavy on the nuts and avocado in the beginning. It helped a lot. Are you getting enough calories overall? 

Answers

• liliblilib Raw Newbie

Hi Claire,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, I was wondering about upping the nuts and avocado because I don't think I've been eating enough calories as I'm hungry all the time. I will give this a go.

Thanks again,

Lili

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Let me know if it helps!

• cynthiaslp Deletedcynthiaslp Deleted Raw Newbie
    edited March 17
    lilib said:

Hi Claire,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, I was wondering about upping the nuts and avocado because I don't think I've been eating enough calories as I'm hungry all the time. I will give this a go.

Thanks again,

Lili

Even Dr Cousens says don't just quickly switch over. In one of his many videos I think the one with the latest seminar Truth about Health. I track my nutrients in Chronometer and also add protein powder and legumes which is approved by him also. No reason to quickly quit the sweet potato until you're in the groove.

ClaireT