Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ugh..I'm losing my hair!!!

2»

Comments

• Nuttgirl said:

I am trying not to freak out but it is pretty hard not to knowing that I am losing my hair at a much faster pace than normal. I’m assuming it is due to some sort of deficiency but I am not sure without going to the doctor. My hair is dry too even though I have tried using several different conditioners and even plain coconut oil. The only good thing is that my hair grows faster than normal.

I read through some previous posts about losing hair and I am not sure if I have a protein deficiency, msm deficiency, or something else completely. This is what I am doing so far but I would like to know if there is anything else I should be doing. Also, are there other protein sources I should be consuming or anything else??

This is my vitamin/defense routine so far:

- I take 2 Viactiv Multi Vitamin Chews daily.

- I take 1 chromium picolinate pill daily which I think is 500 mcg.

- I eat 1 cucumber daily.

- I just started this week with hemp protein shakes, about 1 a day. I’ll try to increase this but lately I just have not been in the mood for any smoothies.

- I started taking some msm pills but they upset my stomach. I think they are 1500 mg? but I have to double check. I am taking 1 pill a day. They are so big too!

- I’ve also been taking flax seed oil daily. I either incorporate it into my smoothies or I just take 1 to 2 capsules a day.

Any other advice would greatly be appreciated!

Hello. It's been one month since I started taking Doctor's best MSM with OptiMSM 1500mg suppliment and my hair is shedding very much like crazy. Although I can see new baby hairs on the top of my head, my terminal area looks darker and my hair length has also increased but still I am losing a lot of hairs . In addition to MSM, I also take Horsetail 500mg Swanson and Vitamin C 1000mg . I don't know whether I should increase the dose of MSM or stop taking it. I haven't seen any side effects from it. And my hair has also become shinnier and straight. I read somewhere that it is only temporary. After 3-4 months, the hair will come at the normal rate or will hardly shed.

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Rosemary oil is supposed to be good for hair growth, applied topically (and sparsely at first, it can be harsh). It's essentially what they based Rogaine on before turning it into a chemical and overcharging people for it.