Liver

Hey guys, I’e been wanting to do a liver cleanse for a while now but CANNOT stomach epsom salt, yuck, not to mention olive oil.

Ever since my SAD diet I’ve had problems with constipation, acne, headaches, etc. I believe these could be because my liver has been severely overworked. What are some natural ways I can help my liver function properly, and hopefully, get rid of these symptoms??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi Odalys I just saw this- I’m sure other people have better info than I do but here’s a start!

The value of eating lemons is reported by Jethro Kloss in his book Back to Eden:

• WOW! Thanks so much for the indepth information on lemons! Do you think limes have the same properties? These are what I usually use…

And its funny, because I read all the time about lemon water being good and that its “alkalizing” but I never knew WHY. Thanks a bunch again, writeeternity, looks like I’m going to be experimenting with “lemonades” this week. :)

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

WOw that was a lot of good information on the lemon! I think I’ll be drinking lemonade too lol.

hey odalys i’ve been interested in doing a liver cleanse too the way you mentioned with epsom salts and oil that are supposed to expel the stones. I think I could handle drinking it but I’m just worried that its too harsh on the system…i don’t want to end up messing up the microflora or whatevers in there lol. But my bf who has had liver problems from too much medication tried it about a year ago and despite it was gross to drink he got rid of many stones and he said that afterward he felt extremely light and healthy…so i think i’m gonna do it and right now i’m taking something for parasites which you are supposed to get rid of before you try to fix the liver…

but as food is medicine there are several foods that can help detox the liver. this webpage gives reference to some: http://www.gmhc.org/health/nutrition/liver/food.html

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

A watermelon only diet for three days will not only clean you out, the minerals in watermelon are good for cleansing the liver and kidneys. It’s also good for dissolving uric acid.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Odalys, may I suggest that your liver may not be the problem necessarily? The symptoms you describe sound to me like the toxins being released aren’t leaving your body fast enough. I would suggest a good intestinal clease, possibly enemas, and lots of water. Make sure you’re not dehydrated as it slows down the cleansing effect.