Banana Flour

Hi! Has anyone tried making their own banana flour? It would be neat to have powdered kale, banana, and pineapple so I could just hand mix a smoothie instead of revving up the blender all the time. It would also be nice not to worry about the bananas going bad all the time.

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Interesting! Sounds difficult… bananas are kinda… sticky. You’d have to really dehydrate them… then grind them to a powder. just a guess

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

How can bananas go bad? You eat them! They disappear so fast when you do that… Hehe… I don’t know, there’s something that bothers me a tiny bit about raw convenience… I guess it feels to me like it should be a little more difficult, everything should be fresh. Dehydrated food should ideally be minimized. That is only my opinion, of course… I just think a lot of the nutrients will be lost in dehydration and storing. Also, it might not taste as good as fresh.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Someone asked about banana flour in the comment section of a recipe. I thought this information might be more accessible later (easier to search for) if posted here in the Food Prep Forums. Here's what I found on Google:

FROM: GourmetSleuth.com -- http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/equivalents_substitutions.asp?index=B&tid=2196

Banana flour

Banana flour is made from the starchy plantain. It is sometimes used for a food for invalids as it is starchy, filling and nutritious. It can be combined with regular flour when a starchy product is desired.

Commercially prepared banana flour is produced by freeze drying pur

• Found this site the other day... Looks like they sell only banana flour here in the U.S.... ?

www.wedoglutenfree.com

• How would you use the banana flour? Does anyone have any good recipe ideas? Maybe a raw dessert? (But please not with lots of nuts. I'm on the 80/10/10 Diet)