Had to!

I’m not a 100% raw consumer, but I do value the interest and importance that raw foods provide me. With my new diet, the uncooked vegetable plays an important part in my snacking and my chew satisfaction.

With regularity, I am a turnip eater! I only use a little seasoned salt, and even then on a per slice basis as it waters the sliced root.

My gespacho is out of this world,tempted with herbs that I grow.

I am not a vegan! Since I do a lot of my work in Alaska, I bring back plenty of fish. Raw fish is my favorite and I’ve been doing that years before sushi was a popularity in the West.

Look for my recipe posts down the line; they will come…

Rosenberg/Florida

Comments

• Well then welcome to the Gone Raw neighborhood!! Not everyone here is 100% raw and that’s ok.. the point is to do as much as you feel is right for you. I personally look forward to seeing your posts and recipes.. K-Mom

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I need to remind you this is a raw vegan website and any recipe that includes meat, dairy, high processed or cooked foods, doesn’t have a good chance of remaining on the site.

• No problem!

I’ve got several pounds of raw black walnuts that were given to me this summer. If anyone has some good suggestions beyond raw nutmeats I’d like to hear them.They actually have a perfumed aroma when you crack one open.

Rosenberg/Florida

ahhh! black walnuts:) They are supposed to be one the top natural antibiotics out there. As for their uses, I would use them more as a herb. Put them into your raw smoothies (tons of recipes on here). The aroma is very distinct to this type of walnut. Regular walnut meats are not as potent. When I was first starting out I bought some and at first I thought there was something wrong with them. They tasted like regular walnuts with added kick to them. So in other words using them in recipes that act as an entree is not a good idea. They will over power the other ingredients. Another good idea would be to use them sparingly in raw desserts (also many recipes on here) If you have any other questions feel free to ask away. Im sure others will respond to this post :)

Peace and Blessings, Vaughn

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

this is actually interesting because i was talking to someone who has done the “raw” diet a few days ago. for her, she ate EVERYTHING raw. raw dairy, raw meat, raw fish. she wasn’t happy with it at all in the end and gave up the whole thing. this was supposedly an idea that came from germany that she was following. has anyone else heard of this “raw diet” version? i was bemused.

Yes I have heard of this raw diet that includes eating animals and consuming their milk (yikes!) In my opinion it isnt very healthy to consume raw dairy and meats. Animal milks are for animal babies not for humans and the thought of eating animals is just very unappetizing. Plus raw meats and dairy which have been shipped or even transported a short distance are infested with harmful bacteria and other unwanted parasites. I believe this diet is called the “Primal Diet” People who eat this way believe that our ancestors were hunter gatherers and that this is our “natural” diet. Of course over here you can see we have a TOTALLY different opinion. But everyone to his/her own :)

Vaughn

• Thanks for the tip on the black walnuts!

• You’re a raw “sushi” foodie….

• Black walnut icecream?! swoons oh hey I found this! http://www.laneyhoney.com/catalog/images/DSC_08…