Salad Recall !!

E. Coli Fears Spark Bagged Salad Recall By LISA LEFF

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I didn’t buy this brand… but thank you so much for posting this kind of info!

• i never buy the bagged stuff. i’ll buy the dirty stuff in the bunch and wash it at home, risking a few leaves that have gone bad.. before i buy a bag of [possibly sprayed] salad. yikes!!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I think it would only be in non-organic salad as well… Since it would come from the manure… No?

• Actually it may have come from another source, perhaps the equipment that is used to bag it was tainted by someone or something carrying the E.Coli virus.. (My guess is the mice and rats that are most likely in the packaging plant) Sad that a name like Dole would have a problem like that.. I guess it’s better to get your produce from a farmer’s market, huh?

• Unfortunately, it was only a few months ago that we had the same problem with packaged spinach—and it was organic spinach. So, don’t think that just because it is organic it is automatically safe. BTW, manure is used in organic farming, in non-organic they use chemical fertalizers. But I agree with KurdisMom that the E-coli probably comes from the packaging plant.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I hope this doesn’t mean “they” will start to irradiate all greens