Flax Seed Favorites?

Hi everyone! I am wondering what people’s experiences have been with flax seed? Do eat crackers once a week or more, add to smoothies every day, worked up to like it etc? I liked the way my flax crackers turned out but don’t like them that much- I think I’ll cut back next time on the recipe..

Comments

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

I grind it and put it in my green smoothies and also sprinkle it on my salads at lunch. It makes for interesting conversation if you don’t get it all out of your teeth! I just bought a dehydrator so I’ll be making some crackers soon!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I grind it with walnuts and add it to everything, or eat it by the spoonful, it is gorgeous. Also crepes, Indian wraps, samosas are great things to do with flax.

• Hi Zoe! That sounds really good- are those recipes on this site? Samosas and indian wraps?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

samosas and Indian wraps are in “Raw” by Klein and Trotter. I use their Indian crepes recipe and fill them with the samosa filling from “Raw Food Real World” by Menghalis and Kenney to make samosas. The original in the book “Raw” uses the crepes and fills them with avo, tomato, basil and cream sauce which is also out of this world.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I add ground up flax seed and raw honey on top of pineapple or watermelon for breakfast :) The honey with the ground up flax seed makes a really thick paste that you scoop up with your fruit or fruit on your spoon.