Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Deodorant

2»

Comments

• pearjoypearjoy Raw Newbie

I use a pinch of baking soda mixed with Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta moisturizer (almond scented). It lasts until the next shower and it doubles as a light perfume. I used patchouli oil and baking soda to great effect as well. However about 90% of my diet is greens.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

One thing to try when your deo. has given out and you smell a bit but can’t take a shower or wash your pits is to put some coconut oil on them. It works to get rid of the smell and you smell nice and coconuty. :)

I read that one person said they tried using coconut oil as a deo. – they put it on and went running and they said they didn’t smell afterwords.

I haven’t tried it to use as just a deo. after I shower – but I’ll have to try it some day. I know it works well for in-between showering. :)

I use the salt rock deo. now and it works good enough for me.

• If your not 100% raw and can live with a natural but not raw deodorant…I suggest Aubrey Men’s stock herbal pine deodorant ..it is a spray deodorant and its great for men and women alike…very refreshing! scent and it feels cool and light on the skin.

• I bought crystal salt recently and I’m disapointed :o( I was really hoping it would work! I am still using it but brush a little baking soda over it so I won’t stink.

Does anybody know why crystal salt works for some but doesn’t for others?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Good question, odalys. Maybe it’s the brand? I don’t remember which I have; it’s just a rock in a basket now… threw away the wrapping a long time ago. I just remember Thai rock crystal. My friend in AZ also loves hers. But, every body is different.

• oh ah, I just saw this thread and did yoga 2 hours ago. I’ve been using a ‘crystal’until 2 weeks ago until I went on holiday. I have totally forgotten I haven’t used anything for 2 weeks and I really don’t smell – after 2a day in bangkok and 2 hours of yoga. WOW - go raw. In the mean time I loved using the virgin coconut oil as a general body moisturiser as well as for a deo. The rock rocked as well. Any one else using no deo? wow

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I’ve tried all the crystals, and all the natural deos, and coconut oil, and baking soda is by far the best thing I’ve ever used. I just sprinkle some (~1tsp) in my hand, then a few drops of water so it’s kind of watery, divide between two hands, and smoosh. Seriously, by far the best—and I can stink. Plus you can get it at any supermarket and the price is right.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

I know the crystal helps me to not smell. Alot. It doesn’t help with sweat at all, I’m not sure if people falsely believe it does?
    And another thing I think people don’t do with the crystals, is put it all over the armpit…
    I can’t be sure, but you are supposed to cover the entire area, and I have a feeling some people just swipe it over the small area and call it a day..

I have been using no commercial brands for alittle over 6 months, and I’m still sweating like a horse, lol.
    Its died down alittle… but everyone says it only takes 3 months or so… and I’m still sweating.. haha.
    But I’ve used some heavy alluminum in the past, so I’m thinking its still coming out of me?
    We’ll see.

• MunchieMunchie Raw Newbie

I’ve been following this thread since mid-December. On December 13th I tried the baking soda. It worked for the most part, but as it got later in the day the stink started to come through. So, on December 14th I tried the lemon as suggested- OMG! IT’s wonderful!!! I haven’t had one case of the stinkies since then! Of course, my family thinks I’ve TOTALLY lost it since in the past month—I’ve gone raw, switched to lemons, and have been ” no ‘poo” since the 31st. Thankfully my husband is very supportive. :o)

• lol, munchie, my family thinks I have totally lost it since I said I was going D.O. for the B.O. free. I found that since going really raw with lotsa greens, I don’t smell like I used to! I use the rock, lemon and baking soda switching off on each one as needed. It works!

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Munchie and harmonylia, do you use the lemon straight on your skin? How do you apply it? My skin is very sensitive, and lemon makes it sting very badly.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

RawVoice, I had a problem with the lemon stinging too. I read that you can pat corn starch on after the lemon to stop the sting. I haven’t tried it, though. Based on the recommendations on this topic, I started using the simply divine deodorant and I love it (thanks Jenblossom and Delphine). But once I run out I’ll probably give the lemon another try (with corn starch this time). It’s so affordable and I found it very effective.

• liquid rock crystal

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I use crystal salt and it works for me. that’s cool about the lemon, I will try it soon.

• Luckily, I have never had any problems with b.o. I have not used any deoderants for well over a year. However, I do sweat tons! I use a little baking soda when I am perspiring profusely.
    I am anxious to try the lemon though. It has to be a great astringent as well!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I’ve been on the rock crystal for four months now… and it’s I’ve been very happy with it! I’m still curious about the lemon… but, don’t want to stop using my rock crystal. :o)

• Hi RawVoice! I have sensitivity ONLY when I shave then immediately apply it. And I mean, break out in red irritated angry why did you do this to me I hate you skin. So I apply the lemon in the evening after a shave free cleaning, I just get a wedge and swipe it across once, hold my arms up in the air for a few minutes, (I’m sure I look absolutely rediculous, and my hubby thinks I’m nuts as is), then let it go. I use them each until I get the smellies, then switch.