Manual labour...

Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

My husband just started a new job doing landscaping, and it is very hard and physically demanding. What would you recommend he should take with him, trying to stick to raw only?

Comments

• bananas! They’re filling, and high enough in calories that they’ll keep him going for a while. He can also have trail mix if he wants something heavy. And of course, lots of water :) You’re lucky that your husband is also raw. I wish I could get my boyfriend to eat an apple :P

• A cute thing to do is cut the top off an apple and core the inside out with a melon baller. Make a mock chicken salad like the one I submitted and fill up the apple. You can put the top back on the apple for travel. Dip in water with lemon or lime juice to keep it from turning brown.

A thai salad is also nice veges with a nut butter dressing.

A hollowed out pineapple would be neat too for a big fruit salad!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

MT my job is very demanding(horse training) i find that i need to eat often i take a little cooler in my car and i take everything, salad, fruit, nuts, goodies ect that way i can graze on what i want all day long. bannanas are a fav!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Thanks everyone, I’ll let him know your suggestions!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

My husband takes a big jar of hearty green smoothie to work with him, and always avocados..he’s not a mannual worker, but has the appetite of one!

• My job is physically demanding, too (television cameraman), and I eat several bananas a day. Also, walnuts, cashews, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sometimes raw cacao, sometimes goji berries. I’ve stopped with almonds because of the pasteurization issue… I eat giant salads for lunch, so giant they’re really quite shocking.

It’s funny. People at work often poke fun at my eating habits. But I’m rarely sick. And after a meal, I feel good while others claim to feel tired and sleepy, bloated, whatever. Most people I’ve worked with in television eat pretty crappy food…