Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What do you eat before yoga or meditation?

Hi I was wondering if people usually drink smoothies before yoga or meditation? Or doesn’t it matter for you since you’re eating raw? Thanks.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Cucumber and celery juice gets me in the mood nicely.

• i dont eat before yoga.

• i used to make a big power smoothie an hr before class,but don’t do that anymore…cucumber and celery juice would be great after class to rehydrate or coconut water to rehydrate..

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I believe it is best to exercise on an empty stomach, especially for yoga. You can focus on your asanas because your stomach is not working on digesting food. If you really must have something drink coconut water like chefraw suggested. It is loaded with electrolytes and will keep you hydrated during your yoga session.

Blessings, Vaughn

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

Yes! I just started taking Bikram classes and coconut water is perfect! I save the meat for the post-yoga smoothie!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

I eat about two hours before, usually fruit or a salad and i drink water all day. If i eat anything heavy, like a raw bar or bread, i feel woozy and sluggish in class.

• I am looking for free meditations online, either streaming video/audio or something that I can download. I am looking for both guided meditations and meditation music. My areas of interest are chakras, energy balancing, white light energy and mantras, specifically the OM used in ancient meditations.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

I dont do yoga but i do alot of stretching for martial arts and i usually just eat something pretty light before it to fuel me but not make me feel sluggish.

An apple or banana is usually what i go for.

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

I find saying the rosary more effective than meditation in connecting with God and finding peace.

In doing yoga my thoughts are in feeling my limbs and parts as part of God's gift and energy. That makes me most happy.

I don't eat a lot before any strenuous activity including yoga; and I don't seek to do the ultra difficult yoga poses, just the basic.

Hope that helps. Namaste!

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

I have one prepared by a local man. He coughs every now in the CD. I'll need to pull it out and play it. I agree. I is nice to have a little guidance or sharing when praying or meditating. A local yoga studio might sell some or know where is the best place to get them.