raw bodybuilders?

Any raw bodybuilders/weightlifters out there? Just wondering if you have any sample diet plans (especially for women). I would love some new ideas!

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I personally am not a body builder but this is quite a good website to begin with.

charliesgym.info

• Thanks much!

• I wouldn’t say that I am a body builer but I do strength train regularly (2 days upper body, 2 days lower body 2 days cardio) for about 1 1/2 – 2 hrs. at a time. I find that I eat a lot more fats & REALLY crave dark leafy greens almost daily. Without some nuts (haven’t been interested in avos esp. since the cooler weather started setting in) & the greens I lose energy & get very dizzy pretty quickly – like w/in a day or so of my body saying “I need this” & me not giving it; once I even blacked out for a few seconds. Needless to say, I am now very attentive to my body’s promptings! <lol>

So far coconut (oil & nut), kale, macadamias, collards & chard are my best friends. I do eat spinach, but prefer the other greens much more. ;) I also keep maca powder on hand, jujube dates when I can get ‘em (there’s a local grower who sells them at a farmer’s market here), kelp (esp. powder for adding to smoothies) & other sea veggies. I am finding that I want a different kind of smoothie now (when I actually want one – not terribly into them since the weather turned cooler); usually something with carrots, apples, pears, ginger, dried fruits & greens rather than the usual fruit/nut smoothies I made when it was warmer out.

When it was warmer I would also find myself eating a lot of fresh fruits soon after a workout. Now I have apples, bananas & dried fruit & nuts instead of the reallly high water-content stuff like peaches, plums & nectarines.

Also as it’s gotten colder, I find I want the “heavier” stuff like lots of root veggies (carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips) & winter squashes. They don’t seems so heavy now that it’s colder & I feel like I have the energy to get my workout on & still have enough (more than enough) energy to get on with the rest of my life! :)

Hope this helps! Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions! :)

- Stasi