Ideas anyone

I am starting a 30 cleanse on monday (1st one) for a couple of reasons. I believe i have candida and lately my list of allergies has been piling up. All nuts, wheats, fruits, etc. I have tried making a couple of soups but could not stomach them as they looked and tasted gross. Im not sure if it because im used to cooked soup or what. Neways i was hoping i could get some suggestions especially being that it will be getting cold real soon. Thanks. Oh i wanted to do green smoothies but don’t know how to mask the taste without fruit.

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Lemon water is great for a cleanse. You could also try a “green smoothie”, meaning only veggie smoothie, that is similar to v-8 and see if that works since you don’t want to use fruit. I am not sure (can’t remember if you posted this already or not), if you had a gluten intolerance first and then the allergies, but if so, you may want to look into that. Gluten can cause leaky gut syndrome which in turn can cause allergies (an immune response to the proteins that have gotten into the system due to the leaky gut). If that is the case, it may not be candida, or you may have candida in addition to the leaky gut. Either way, the Natural Hygeine approach may work for you. Socal is a great resource for Natural Hygeine and I’m sure could offer you a TON of information.

• Thanks. No i dont believe i have an intolerance to gluten and i don’t know what the leaky gut syndrome is but will look it up. I dont even know all the foods that have gluten in then. I still have alot of research to do as i still consider myself new to this. Thanks for the info though!

• If anyone else has any ideas that would be great!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Missthomas86:

You could try a mono diet for a while, cut out all food for a day or two (just water fast), and then introduce one fruit at a time, then slowly add other foods to see how your body tolerates them. It may be that your body is fine with some fruits as long as they are eaten alone.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Can you use any of the berries? They are low glycemic even though they are a fruit. I make a good green smoothie that comes out to about a qt. and has 1 cup frozen mixed berries in the whole thing. I am currently drinking this every day and in a few days of doing this, I feel better. It is very good for your body ph and I know I was running on the acid side. I cann’t remember what all you were allergic to. Worse comes to worse, thin it to guzzling consistency, hold your nose and go for it! My husband used to drink the one I make for him everyday like that (Bless his heart!). Then I discovered the berry trick, plus I do use a bit of stevia, and now it tastes like a berry smoothie.

• Hey! I did do mono meals for a while and it worked ok. I’ve tried water fasting once and got sick as soon as i went outside in the heat. Maybe i didn’t take in enough water but im sorta skeptical of doing that for a while. Thanks for the ideas greenie and deborahann.

• Tomatoes!!!!! If you like ginger, garlic,hot pepper,or onion, use alot of them.