Pumpkin recipes

Anyone have any recipes for raw pumpking creations? I love pumpkin in the fall and would like to find some raw recipes so that I can continue to enjoy the season. Thanks!

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

HI spirited mama, i made a pumpkin “latte” with fresh pumpkin,an apple some dates and almond milk i blended it until warm and added some cinnimon and nutmeg boy was it filling!!!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Omshanti, you and I are always on the same page! One of the things I wanted to to with the pumpkin was find a way to simulate a pumpkin late…thanks for the recipe!

Also, I am looking to make a pumpkin roll, pumpkin loaf, and I will be trying the recipe for Kandace’s pumpkin pie today.

Fall is my absolute favorite season, and I love pumpkin anything, so I don’t want to give that up if I don’t have to.

On another note, are you still thinking of coming to AZ to visit your friends in Prescott? I would still love to get together with you and talk.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

How much pumpkin and do you get the little ones or just use the larger ones that everyone carves? I have a few butternut squash that would probably work, too.

I just bought a small “sugar” pumpkin yesterday that they are now selling in our natural foods store. I made the pumpkin pie recipe, a pumpkin loaf recipe that I found off of welikeraw.com, and then the grande finale:

Pumpkin Latte: (I will post the recipe in the recipe section, but here is the basics) pumpkin puree cinnamon ginger allspice cloves nutmeg almond milk date syrup

My husband even added to his coffee this morning and said it tasted like the Starbucks Pumpkin Latte!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

i bought the sugar pumpkin too, i put half in the dehydrator to see if it would soften, but alas no. so that went to the chickens but the seeds dehydrated great and the latte, well you tried it….fabulous!!! how was the pie, i need to experiment before thanksgiving as we are coming to prescott and ill be introducing raw items to the nonrawfoodies! definitley still want to meet you and chat, maybe over a pumpkin latte? teehee

• WeLikeItRaw had a great recipe for raw pumpkin bread recently. Here’s the link:

http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/2007/09/raw-...

Yeah, that’s the one I made today! It smells amazing in the deydrator. I can’t wait until it’s done!

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

hey spiritedmama, i tried the link for the pumpkin bread and it didn’t work. is the address given above complete? does the bread have nuts or seeds? i am looking for recipes for breads, crackers and pates that do not contain nuts or seeds. i know it’s probably wishful thinking that i will find them, but i can still hope.