Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Remedies or ideas please!!

I have a head cold and chest congestion. Normally i drink theraflu but its got acetaphenamine in it and tea with honey. Does anyone suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

You could try fasting for a few days. I’m about to start a longer one for more serious health issues.

• thanks and good luck with yours. are you fasting entirely, no food or drink or water fasting, etc.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Thanks. Just water. I’m following the procedure of Joel Fuhrman. I would like to be able to fast for 20-40 days, but I’ll be lucky to get through 3!

• Yea well i can do the juice but i tried the water for one day and as soon as i stepped foot outside i felt really sick. Maybe one day i will go back to water fasting.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

For head congestion I would recommend nasal irrigation a neti pot to clear the sinuses. A neti pot is a literally a pot that is filled with warm water and pure sea salt. The spout is placed in one nostril and water flows into one nostril and out of the other. Further info? My pleasure :)

http://www.himalayaninstitute.org/Netipot/NetiP…

• I will do the neti pot to help cleaning up but without the salt. My recommendation also is to water-fast. Be sure you water-fast on distilled water. Your body will clean up faster and will end up the healing crisis faster if you water-fast.

• Thanks for the suggestions all. Will take a look at the site. any other suggestions are welcomed.

• Nothing says remedy like raw honey and cinnamon. For centuries honey has been used as a medicine to cure thousands of ailments. Not to mention cinnamon, which is great for things like colds. Make a tea using hot water (not boiling, just hot enough to mix the honey and cinnamon together yet still easily able to drink right away) in a 8-10oz cup, mix in 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon cinnamon and drink. One cup in the morning and one at night. Your cold will be history! It tastes good and is soothing not to mention having good energy and pleasant breath all day. Hope this helps! Take care.. K-Mom

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Lemon juice,honey and cayenne pepper. A friend of mine thought me that 2 years ago and it was great.I did a lot of cayenne and that helped me a lot.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Fasting or just drinking liquids really helps me when I have a cold, and also colon cleansing. If you must eat, stick to fruit.

Also the nasya that humanimal suggested is very good. Jirizarry, I find doing the nasya (neti) without salt hurts my sinuses, I have no idea why. I’m curious that you do it salt-free. Doesn’t it hurt? I’ve done nasya for over 30 years, always with salted water.

By the way, you don’t need to wait to get the neti pot. Just take warm salted water in a cup, immerse one nostril in the water while holding the other nostril to block it off, and s l o w l y sniff up water with the immersed nostril until the water goes down through the back of your nose down into your mouth, and then spit it out. Keep doing that 3-4 times on each nostril. You’ll feel much better immediately.

• I figured out where i got the cold from and it’s the kids i babysit (great).I tried the honey and cinnamon and did not like it that much but my head wasn’t that congested the next morning. I still have some congestion in my chest so i am going to try Lucy’s idea. I don’t really like things going up my nose much so don’t think i’ll be trying that one. Thanks for the ideas all. Also, i will be starting a total body cleanse in about a week or two so that should help.

• I also swear by eating 3 to 5 cloves of raw garlic, and drinking tons of honey ginger lemonande!

• Peppermint oil clears my head up in seconds. I use Eucalyptus oil if my chest is congested. Clove oil for throat, etc…I’ve heard camphor cubes in a bath help as well, but can’t say I’ve tried it. I get my oils from Young Living, but there are other sources out there as well. Try to get pure oils, not tinctures.