100% raw?

germin8germin8 Raw Master

There was a post earlier about 100% raw. Does this mean using no spices at all? How about spices that are freshly ground? I’m not ready for 100% raw, but, I’m curious… for if/when that day comes. :o)

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

100% does not eliminate spices at all. There are some raw foodies that go to the extreme and do eliminate spices because they feel spices are detrimental to the body. In my own opinion Mother Earth provided me with seeds as spices and I am confident to use them. I believe the key is not to over use spices. I have seen a lot of recipes out there that seem over burdened with spices. Too much spice is not nice :)

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i have wondered about this too, more specifically about the drying process of the herbs, if they are actually not raw. the longer i am close to 100% raw, if i have any dried spices, it tastes dead to me. there is nothing like fresh herbs, the dried stuff doesn’t even come close. also, vinegar, i used to love it, but now my tastes buds have changed and i can appreciate the flavor, but a little goes a long way.