Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

period

2»

Comments

• i haven’t had my period since going raw a few months ago, but i don’t think it’s a problem. my period was really heavy when I ate SAD, and lightened considerably when i became vegetarian, more so when i became vegan…so it seems to me that the healthier i eat, the less grossness i have to process. i also see it in the reverse with some friends who eat the epitome of SADthey are debilitated by their periods. it’s not healthy to lose that much blood every month! and you are still ovulating even if your uterus doesn’t hemorrhage. i’ve read that domesticated animals (ie, ones that eat SAD) experience periods, while those in the nature (ie, eating RAW) do not.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

woodchick, I actually went to a doctor about this problem prior to going raw, being slightly underweight and extremely stressed out, and he said that my hormones are fine, i don’t get periods ‘just cause’, and the most important part is not worry my pretty little head about it. I don’t really know who to ask or what to do anymore, I was just hoping he was right and it’s all nothing. I haven’t had a period in probably around 2 years.

• Morning_theft – the main thing is to make sure you’re ovulating. If you’re not ovulating, THEN there’s a problem. There are many ways to do that – the most wonderful I think is to chart. Your body goes through regular temperature lows and highs based on ovulation (there are also secondary signs I won’t go in to…).

You can check out www.fertilityfriend.com – it’s a free online charting service. I love this site!!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Thank you for the link skyspice!

• I'm 18 and have not had my period since this september, does anyone know what I can or eat do to start my cycle again

• I'm 18 and have not had my period since this september, what did you do or eat to start the cycle again ?

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

hey autumn, i didn't get mine for a year when i had an eating disorder, but within 2 weeks of adding avocados and nut butters to my diet again, i got it.

i'm suffering from the same problem right now, too, and i've been adding more fat so i can get it again. hopefully, it works as well as it did last time.