Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Magic Mushrooms

A while ago I made a post asking for advice on magic mushrooms. Since then I have quit smoking pot and have been truly 100% raw and 80/10/10 for a few months now.

Anyways, I did muchrooms for the first time last night and it went great, Contrary to what I’ve heard, they actually tasted good and I didn’t get a sore stomach at all. Even this morning I have no effects that indicate that they were toxic in any way.

I used to get a sore throat, and pimples the next morning from pot, cooked nuts, nut butter, tahinis, miso, nama shoyu but I feel 100%. I know that body accepted the mushrooms.

The trip itself was a fantastic expirience and I definately feel more open and connected to the universe. It was a deeply spiritual expirience for me and a great way to bond with my best friends.

I’ll definately be doing them again.

Comments

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

Hi Nagev, I am reading David Wolfe’s new book, Amazing Grace and it has a lot of great info about this topic. Really interesting stuff. Aloha!

• i feel like with any of that sort of thing, you get out of it what you truly feel inside. if you feel depressed or scared about your life, you’re probably going to freak out. but, the raw food diet tends to balance hormones and create an overall sense of well-being, so it would make sense that you would have a happier trip that way.

i’m an occasional drinker (i mean like once every two months or so), and i find that i don’t even get hangovers like i used to. of course, i’m also slowly sipping straight liquor and not mixing it with sugary sodas or juices anymore, so that might have something to do with it. but i have a way better time now and nothing bothers me. i just have fun.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Why are you using shrooms anyways? Personally I dont like to depend on something to make me feel spiritually connected. I would rather do on my own. But hey man thats just me. It is your body, your property and you do as you please. Just be warned that there could be some harmful side effects.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I used to like tripping. It introduced me to a whole new world of feelings and knowledge. I can’t think of anything else that would have given me such an insight. Then I left them behind and spent the last 10 years learned other methods to connect, and achieve these states without drugging myself. I have focused mainly on meditation, raw food, yoga, healing, channeling etc These methods are now stronger at connecting me than any trip I have ever taken :)

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i’ve done them once with a few very good friends of mine. beautiful sunny day, warm, we spent the whole day outside on the grass. i personally didn’t feel any kind of spiritual enlightenment, but it was a nice experience. i think i may do them again in a year or so.

• Yeah, it’s hit or miss with those sorts of things. I say right on to anyone open-minded enough to try new things. Take from it what you will. It is also hit or miss on the levels of toxicity, so be careful. And if done too much your body will build a tolerance level, which isn’t always a good thing. Glad yopu had fun man! :) Peace and Love

• open up, humanimal! if everyone were just like you the world would not be so colorful…;-)

i don’t need shrooms, or anything that makes me feel differently. therefore, i don’t ever anticipate getting anything from it or growing through the experience. but, sometimes, when you’re with people you trust and love, it can be REALLY awesome. i think it would be a VERY RARE occasion that i ever did them again; they’re just not really for me these days.

but, some people don’t feel that way and i don’t feel the need to chastise them for believing differently than i do…;-) so, cheers, nagev! it’s your life and you should have fun.

• We all choose to do whatever we want to do, unfortunately many of us are not educated on the consequences of our actions before we make the choice. Often we hear the consequences but choose to ignore them or do not believe them because they came from someone of another generation or someone of authority or someone we do not respect. The unfortunate part is when we hear terrible stories of people ending up in serious trouble because they ignored the consequences. If you know what the consequences are and are willing to accept them, go ahead and do whatever you want but do not complain about your situation when you face the consequences.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I am very open my friend! I am not telling anyone to do as I do at all, and I’m sorry if it sounded that way. Just warning nagev and others out there that there may be consequences for taking hallucinogens and other related substances. I’ sorry to nagev and to everyone else if I sounded negative in any way. jamestheraw, I totally agree with you man. The world needs to be diverse to truly be beautiful!

Blessings! Vaughn

• ha ha ha! the internet is an interesting media…very open to interpretation…lol

i’m just interested in what everybody does, whether it’s ‘good’ or ‘bad’...and i always trust that people would do research before engaging in such ‘edgy’ behavior! but, i agree. they make some people do crazy things, and sometimes, people die. one should be aware of such things before trying anything. always be informed!

i should apologize, i totally could have been mistaken for being brusque. so, sorry if i in any way prolonged the storm of misinterpretation! i don’t think we’re here to stab at each other…;-)

• philocybin = toxin

• yea they were used my many ancient societies mentioned back thousands of years. anybody worried about a strong trip need only take a little at a time. Im a chi-kung master and can still acknowledge the beauty of such phenomena perfect word for mushrooms phenomena

• SeereenSeereen Raw Newbie

Magic mushroom has a different use, it can be ingredients in our dishes, it can be used as a medicine and you can use it if you want to get out of the real world. Hahaha. I read this article http://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/tunes-for-tripping/ since magic mushrooms and other psychedelics have been closely associated with music. So you can play music while tripping and using this shroom. Lol