Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How to attain Balanced Nutrition?

Hey all! I am new to this ‘Raw thing’ and was curiouse what is the average intake of different food groups eating raw? Is eating a lot of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit maybe not a good way to start? Especially if, like me, you don’t have much of an active job/lifestyle(I am a hotel manager that has to stay in the hotel A LOT) And does anyone have any suggestions on a good way to get started? I figure a lot of you have been doing this for so long you might have a few ideas, or someone else that is a recent starter. Thanks!

Comments

• I suggest that you start with eating your breakfast as only fruits and fruit smoothies. Then you can eat your usual lunches and dinners. Try to eat your favorite fruit for breakfast and eat a lot of it until you are completely satisfied. As you adjust to that you will eventually want to eat more raw for lunch and dinner also. Start off with breakfast and work your way up to breakfast and lunch, then eventually breakfast lunch and dinner. I wouldn’t worry about the ‘balanced nutrition’ at this point. You should try to walk as much as possible, even if it is only around the hotel, exercise should be an integral part of a raw diet.

• Yeah, that is a good suggestion. Ease into it. I DO like smoothies. Also as a product of being bored I took up hoola-hooping. I’m not totally inactive, I just don’t know if it’s a good idea to eat too many foods high in fat, even natural fats as it seems most raw foodies do. I guess you figure all that out eventually?

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

There’s actually an article about how much fat to eat in the latest issue of “Get Fresh”. You can download the issue for free also. They don’t advocate a lot of fats either.

• Like the others I cannot stress how much fresh fruit in the morning helped me. Just go to the sotre buy every kind of fruit you want for a week and chow down as much as you need to each morning. You can wat them whole, in smoothies cut them up into a fruit salad. You’ll begijn to LOVE fruit and like socal sais you’ll crave more raw foods.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

To get more variety into your diet get a dehydrator so you can make bread and wraps to take to work with you and fill them with fresh food. You can make great raw convenience food with a dehydrator, like burgers, crisps, pizzas etc it would make your daytime eating easier. Leuttice roll ups are good as well.

Have you seen the Gorilla sandwich?

http://gorillasandwich.com/

Pretty cool idea for raw convenience food. You could make your own, I can’t find a cuke wide enough to do it myself. .

• 2-3 pounds of fruit a day and at least a pound of leafy green vegetables is what I have everyday after inspiration from Victoria Boutenko in “Green for life”. I often also eat a salad in the evening with the rest of my family + a small handful of nuts or some dehydrated flax crackers. That’s all I use the dehydrator for, and the oven on a low setting and the door open a bit could have done the trick.

You just jump in and do what makes you smile.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

get as MANY greens as you can, dark leafy greens, SO important. green smoothies made with a handful of greens, fruit, and water (sounds gross but is DELICIOUS) are a great way to start off your day…they are a staple in my diet. seaweed and wheatgrass are less pleasant, but equally important, staples in a good raw diet.