Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juicers

I need help! I can’t decide between a Champion juicer or a Hippocrates Green star juicer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• rae-deanrae-dean Raw Newbie

well-i got my champion juicer at a yard sale for 35$...but i have seen the green star juicer and it is beautiful.if i could get it…i would.it is so cool.i want to paint my champion green.good luck on choosing.how much is the green star one?

• We got a Breville and I’ve found it to be much better than those “other” juicers I’ve seen. Just my two cents!

• I can get the green star for $400…its used but thats OK.

Ray, what model Breville? Why do you like it better? Does it do all the same things?

• Hm, not sure, I can’t even tell! It was pretty middle-of-the-road, I think we paid $150 to $200 for it. Sounds like the ones you’re looking at are much better – I was thinking of the “Jack LaLaine” juicer, which I think is very poorly constructed!

• I do have an older model of the Greenstar juicer, called greenlife, for more than six years. No problems yet. I love it.

• If anyone gets those Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupons in the mail, you can use them for Breville juicers and Omega juicers at the store. :)

• rae-deanrae-dean Raw Newbie

oh magus-i am jealous!!lucky you!! lol.those are the neatest juicers.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

There is a Champion Juicer for $90 and a Greenstar GS 2000 for $299 at rawfoodsupport.com. I have a Champion and I really enjoy it. It’s very easy for me,even to clean it.

• i was also trying to decide between the champion and the green star. i asked around a lot, and decided i wanted the green star because the champion is supposed to be really hard to clean.

the green star was out of my price range, so i got the omega 8005. it’s a good all-purpose juicer (even wheatgrass!) and it’s super easy to clean. and it’s chrome, so no staining!

• You can use the Omega 8005 for regular juicing? I had no idea. We have one here, that we got just for wheatgrass, but I didn’t realize you could use it like a regular juicer as well. Let me know if you have any tips for those, I haven’t worked with ours much except for the wheatgrass.

They sure are solid machines, and they do look rather nice on the counter.

• I’ve also had the Omega 8005 for several years. No problems – just fabulous juice! I have a friend who gave up a Champion to get an Omega 8005 after using ours. The pulp comes out dryer, oxidation is lower and cleanup is MUCH easier with an Omega. Since going raw, we also use our “blank” a lot for homogenizing. This machine rocks!