Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What State/Country are you in?

Comments

• thanks AVL! :)

• Montreal, Quebec, Canada

• bellevue, washington usa (near seattle)

• I'm living in Tucson, Arizona.

Anyone else from Tucson? I think there is a raw food group here that meets for potlucks on occasion.

It's great to know other people going raw... I have a few friends that are vegan but that's it.

• I am in Northern Indiana.

• WhiteAppleWhiteApple Raw Newbie

FiftyIsNifty,

Welcome Hooiser! I am in Central Indiana. There's at least 2 other people from Indiana on this site.

• the chilly, sudbury ontario.

• Connecticut 10pm EST Looking forward to spring!!

• tampa, florida..! anyone know of any raw food events around here? I think i saw one in st petersburg at the end of the month.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

colleensraw, I didn't know there were any raw foodists in Sudbury! I'm from (a little less chilly) Richmond Hill, Ontario (20min north of Toronto)

• Just moved to sunny Miami, FL. Any Raw friends?

• AVL,

hey neighbour, haha. i don't know of any more besides myself. there is quite a vegatarian/vegan culture here. surprisingly, because there is also a huge hunting/fishing culture as well. through passing i heard there was another raw foodist... oooo where is that other soul. it's a little tougher trying to figure out local versus store bought organic here. as we have the smoke stack we do have a lot of arsenic, sulpher and a lot of other crazy things found in our soil..wich makes me still wonder about our local organic ..ughh. well, no worries about that now for this season haha. the only local produce to find right now still is honey.. soon maple syrup, yes i still like, no love maple syrup, and organic meat and dairy products :( . anywho i do love visiting toronto and having the option of buying a fresh juice and having a fresh meal, sooooooo awesome!!!! do you know if there are any places in barrie? i'm going up there this weekend. i would like to suggest a place to some friends if you happen to know of any?

• Ofaniel, I just was living in Miami! There is a really nice raw food restaurant in fort lauderdale called Sublime, its supposed to be pretty good/nice. I never had a chance to get there because I moved back to Tampa in a hurry. Let me know how it is if you visit!

• I'll be moving to Fairbanks, Alaska shortly - any raw foodists up there? Maybe? Just one?

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

colleensraw, I'm surprised that there is a large vegertarian/vegan community in Sudbury. It striked me more like a hunting & fishing area (like you also said). I don't know Barrie that well, but I'm sure there has got to be a health food store there. There is a huge one that I always go to in Newmarket called Nature's Emporium. It's really big, and everything is organic, they have a lot of raw food products (packaged and freshly prepared). I don't know if you would have a chance to go there or not. I know it's not that close to Barrie, but maybe one day on your way to Toronto you could stop there first (or on your way back). York Region has raw vegan potlucks once a month. I'm not sure if Simcoe County would have them too. I'm sure you can Google raw food in Barrie and you might find something there.

• I'm in Seoul, South Korea right now, but I'm originally from Grimsby, Canada

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Oh, I used to drive through Grimsby all the time when I was going to Teacher's College in Buffalo (actually that's where I used the rest stop off the highway!)

• Chicagoland, IL!!!!!

• Butterfly3588Butterfly3588 Raw Newbie

Long Island NY

alexisp
  • Im in Tokyo, Japan!

• I am in Niagara Falls, Canada!

• I have just moved back into the country from New Zealand and am living in Northern Virginia

• Hamilton Ontario, Canada.

• Gold Coast Australia

G'Day!

• Hi I'm Sammie, I'm from Houston TX and noon pacific is 2pm here

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

• New York city, NY

• I am in CA, USA. This is my first reply on this forum.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Oh wow, I have one of your books Jennifer - it made a huge difference to my transition to high raw. I always recommend it to people!

• sweetheartsweetheart Raw Newbie

Scottish Highlands - a bit windy - infinite free sea salt and kelp - tesco for everything else.