Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Looking for a really good raw uncookbook

Ok, people…I wanted to get a Carol Alt book, but then, I hear that some other people are exceptional! I want you guys to tell me all your ALL-TIME favorite OUTRAGEOUSLY good books! Please do! I think this would be a great source for those new to raw or searching for good un-cookbooks.

Comments

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

The ones I own and love: The Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier, Living on Live Food by Alissa Cohen, and Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens. With Alissa’s book you can pretty much find anything cooked that you’d like to make raw, Gabriel Cousens’ book explains alot about avoiding candida and has recipes which aren’t overly fruit laden, but I think that Brendan Brazier’s is my favourite because some of the recipes keep for awhile (like the cereal, ketchup, and salad dressings). Plus, he seems to approach things with the intent of balancing nutrition and has a raw diet pryamid, which I find usefull.

If you’re still transitioning I’d recomend Victoria’s book 12 steps to Raw Food.

Hope that helps!

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I like Raw Food Real World .. good recipes and just a pretty book. Natalia Rose’s Raw Detox Diet book is great too.

• Cafe Gratitude’s book is really good…rawvoulution’s books is nice,living cuisine by renee loux

• www.kristensraw.com has a series of e-books

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Right now I’m reading David Wolfe’s book Eating for Beauty and it’s quite interesting. It goes more in depth into the benefits of coconut oils, and other foods, as well as explaning the body’s need for sulphur, silicon and a few other minerals. I’d say it’s worth a read.

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

I definitely use Rainbow Green and Juliano’s book the most….just bought Raw Food, Real World and loving it too!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

A lovely book to start off with is “Hooked on Raw” by Rhio. It is beautiful with tons of advice and resources. Her recipes are easy, use normal everyday ingredients and are delicious.

Matt Ambsden’s “Rawvolution” is great with recipes to die for. Got to reduce the nama shoyu and salt in them though.

“Eating without Heating” by Sergei and Valya Boutenko is great for simple and very tasty “kids food”.

Renee Underkoffler “Living Cuisine” is gorgeous, complicated, fussy and amazing!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

ani phyos book is my first and still my fave even though i have many of the above mentioned books….its easy to use and fun!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

My new Ani Phyo book just arrived today, it is great, my new favourite!

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

I love Raw Food Real World and The Complete Book of Raw Food.

• My first was Cafe Gratitude’s I am Grateful, which I absolutely love. I also have Alissa Cohen’s Living on Live Food, Ani Phyo’s book, and another I really love is Wendy Rudell’s The Raw Transformation.

If you are transitioning, then I’d recommend Natalia Rose

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi Zoe~ What do you think of the new Ani Phyo book?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

It is brilliant. There are loads of simple easy recipes. I made her Save The Tuna pate last night it was lovely. Am going to make her burgers today. The book is quite thick and it is designed well, with lots of interesting thngs to read. I definately think it is my new favourite.