Acne...HELP!!!

StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

I can’t get it to stop! I started oil pulling and eating two raw meals a day on August 1st. Since then I have had horrible acne on my chin and temples. I recently bought Proactiv because nothing else was working. It’s not even helping! I don’t know what else to do! Please pass along any help you can offer.

Comments

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

your best bet at this point would be to go on a juice fast, at the very least a week long. at first it will get worse (detox), but the a hundred times better, it helped me immensely. also, about a teaspoon of unpasteurized apple cider vinegar diluted with 2 tablespoons water put on the face like a toner before bed really helps.

• What’s your diet like??

When it comes to acne, you’re going to get a million different suggestions, and its not easy! What I’ve been doing is drinking green juices (kale, cucumber, carrot, apple, etc) and its been helping alot. I’m also doing 1-2 salads a day plus green smoothies. Laying off the nuts and seeds is also very important.

For a topical treatment try garlic, lemon juice, aloe vera, or MSM.

• I had a really bad cyst that would not go away. My derm was worried they would have to do some horrible procedure that involved cutting it out. Anyway, I increased my zinc and selium and that really worked for me. I also notice that when I’ve done fasts my skin usually gets worse before it gets better, so maybe it’s just a part of your dextox process.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I’ve had the same problem for the past few months :-( I just finished reading David Wolfe’s book Eating for Beauty and he notes that it’s often caused by eating too much cooked fats, or even raw fats if you’ve been raw for long enough. The skin and liver mirror each other, so maybe a liver cleanse would also be good to do. Also, we need to eat foods high in sulfur, silicon, and zinc. He also highly recomends MSM.

Topically he recomends using papaya or rubbing a grapefruit peel on your skin.

Also, when I did the master cleanse for 10 days my skin and eyes looked a lot clearer.

• When I first went raw my acne became worse than when I was a SAD eater. I was living mainly off of fruit shakes and desserts. After I started eating green shakes, salads, and hemp seeds every day my acne disappeared in about two weeks. Quitting coffee also helped.

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

Thanks to all of you! I found some info on earthclinic.com about hydrogen peroxide and have now done that twice now. I also bought aloe vera and milk thistle capsules. Can you tell how desperate I am? I have done the apple cider treatment and that didn’t help. I’ve had success with Proactic before but not when I was eating this well.

My daily meal usually includes a green smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch, and nuts or grawnola for a snack. I eat dinner with my family but usually avoid the meat.

I am scared to start a fast because of the detox symptoms I’ve read so much about. I recenlty started running and my running partner and I are doing a 5k once a month to keep fit. I’m afraid fasting would make me too sick to run.

Raw_Chocoholic-The acne didn’t come back after you were done with the cleanse? I’m afraid it would be gone for the 10 days and then come right back.

• If you want you can try lavender oil (100%) i’ts hydrating and antibacterial, i started to put it on my face and i didnt have a single pimple for a while now ( and i was a pretty bad case when it comes to acne)!!! I tried Proactive anb my acne actually got worst, plus after a pimple my skin would end up having brown spots for weeks and weeks !!! Lemon juice is a good clarifier !! Good luck

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Stefunk – I did the cleanse back in highschool, before I went raw. My skin slowly went back to the way it was before the cleanse, as I was eating pretty poorly back then. Later, as I cleaned up my diet my skin also improved. Now that I’m mostly raw I guess my body is detoxing because I have more acne than ever before. I’m thinking of doing the cleanse again, or else Dr.Jubbs 14 day cleanse. His involves liver cleansing, which is quite important to the health of your skin.

• I’m not much help but I would suggest NOT using proactiv. Sure it cleared up my skin. It worked great. But when you stop using it your skin goes back to normal. I just don’t see how that is helpful. For that reason I have stopped using it and started trying to fix what I put in and on my body. The best cures have been witch hazel, plenty of water and getting more sleep.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

My skin broke out and looked like sand-paper for about a month when I went Raw. Since then, I rarely get a pimple…once in a while when hormones go crazy, but nothing like it was before.

I wash my face every night with a cleanser (I change it up and don’t always use the same one), I rinse with water in the morning. After washing my face every time, I put rosewater on a cottom ball and use it all over (or put in a spray bottle and spritz my face with it). You can find rose water at any Middle Eastern Store or online at www.daynasmarket.com/cooking_aids.html. While you’re there, grab a bottle of orange blossom water…fabulous in recipes!

Sometimes I do a mask or treatment from www.eminenceorganics.com

When I wear (foundation) makeup, it’s a mineral makeup from www.labelladonna.com.

Hope this helps! Cheers to your health :)

Kristen Suzanne