Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Has anyone here tried RAWvolution?

Apparently they deliver a week’s worth of raw meals for $100. Are the meals good? I don’t have a dehydrator and I barely have time for food prep. Just wondering if it’s worth a try.

Comments

• I have not ordered their meals but I do have the recipe book. It has become one of my favorite books! I imagine the meals delivered would be worth a try.

• I have not ordered their meals, but I have made several recipes from his book. There are some good ones, but in my opinion he uses to much nama soyu (not sure if that is spelled right.) They are very salty. But I think that is a good price for the work involved in preparing some of the recipes. Just my 2 cents. :) Let us know if you end up ordering how they are…I would be curious to know. Jamie

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I have the book as well and agree with vegalone – the recipes are quite good, but often way too salty for my taste. I almost always lower the Nama Shoyu and sweeteners. In another forum topic, Lydyybuggin76 mentioned trying the RAWvolution boxes and said: the food boxes are THE BOMB!, so there’s one happy customer!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I have tried their bars and that are really good.Kind of pricey though. I think they are $2.99 a bar. The book looks like it contains a lot of fun delicious recipes too!

• I ate at the restaurant in Santa Monica. I don’t often eat the high fat dehydrated foods that mimic cooked foods but I tried the mushroom swiss burger. I didn’t like it at all and felt nauseas afterwards. Maybe my body is just not used to this kind of food anymore.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

We bought the book and tried the onion bread which is really good. I had to omit the nama shyou too. We can’t get it raw here, can you get it raw anywhere? Not that I am really bothered about using it, but I’d like to know if it is really raw or not. That is is it made with cooked ingredients or brewed at all?

• I worked at a raw restaurant in the 90’s. Most of us cannot consider prepared or marketed raw foods to be part of our diet. To sell raw food, they have to recreate the cooked food taste. They simply can’t make money catering only to raw foodists! We really don’t eat out that much!! lol!! In fact, one of the favorite things to say of a popular raw chef “guru” i know is “put all the salt you think it needs…and a little more!” He also likes to say that food combining doesn’t matter with raw. Well that serves his business and promotes raw food in the short term. We are just so ahead of our time the world is not going to catch on for a while yet anyway. XDDD

• Well said jedisunrise, many ppl who are posting on this forum are still on the cooked food wagon and are trying to be raw. Time will tell them the evils in their ways. Complex recipes with stimulants and bad food combining is on the borderline with eating cooked food. It is better to eat a very good diet that includes things like lightly steamed veggies and hardly any fats and stimulants than to eat 100% raw which includes the high fats, stimulants and superfoods in my opinion.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

SocaL, I have been biting my tongue for a while now, but feel that I really need to say something to you directly. I really appreciate that you are trying to “enlighten” us on being raw. Any words of wisdom to help on my, or anyone’s, journey is always welcome. However, I must say that the way in which you present the information…in a critical, hurtful manner, can never be helpful. This type of communication only puts people on the defensive, and serves no good purpose. The journey to a raw lifestyle is just that, a journey. Everybody will travel in the way that makes the most sense to them at THAT MOMENT on their journey. Eventually, we will all arrive at the right destination. This forum and website has gained popularity because, unlike other raw food sites, there has been a positive environment of encouragement and helpfullness. It is a place where new raw foodists, or people doing research to decide whether they want to become raw can find support and information. I encourage you to please keep this spirit of support when you post. The other option is that if you don’t agree, then you don’t have to visit/post on the website. I hope you take this in the spirit of love, as I mean no harm to you, I just felt I needed to post to give a voice to others who may be feeling as I do when reading some of your posts. There is never a need to be hurtful or “talk down” to another person who is just trying to find the path that works best for them.

• I agree with spiritedmama. There seems to be a tendency in some of the boards to be a little too aggressive in our opinions. Let’s all put info out there in a non judgmental way and let us all see how our own bodies need to be fed.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Well said spiritedmama. I hope we all can move on in a lighter mood.

• I agree. I love the book, but please, watch the salt! Especially in the “no bean hummus”. Wonderful recipe, but you only need maybe 1 tsp of Celtic salt, not 2 1/2, yikes!

• I actually had the pleasure of dining at RAWvolution while in Santa Monica – I bought some of their raw museli and raw brownie, as well as eat in a few times. Their food was absolutely delicious, and their staff was very helpful. Yes, I am a beginner raw foodist, and found it very heart warming to be in such an environment (esp. coming from Chicago where like-minded ppl r hard 2 come by at times)! It was a nice “treat”. The staff will even go out of their way to prepare you samples of numerous of their personal fav. meals to help you decide!

If anything, I’m not one to go al out with the dehydrators and such at home, i enjoy simplicity. But when out and about, it was a nice home away from home of sorts!