Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Bad egg like burping gas

So. This is rather embarassing but I have gas issues. Not from the behind, but out the mouth. I have these silent burps that almost taste exactly like rotten eggs. The ONLY thing I can think of thats doing this is a couple thing new I added to my raw diet.

I added apples (I wasnt eating a lot of em, mostly greens anyways) and raw hulled sunflower seeds. I also added raw hemp protein because I am a weightlifter, but I added that months ago without any side effects.

So apples and sunflower seeds. Would any of these be the culprits?

Comments

• Or could it just be bad food combining? I eat the sunflower seeds with greens in the morning on my salads. It also has some oil and avocados in the salad.

Then I eat some more after I drink a protein shake after I work out. The protein shake consists of the hemp, agave, water, and some oils. With lots of bananas.

• it sort of sounds like bad food combining to me…but, it could also be a detoxing side-effect. a lot of people get gassy when detoxing.

• i got the same thing back in july when i ate cooked foods for the first time in months. those burps are sooooo horrible.

• Are you taking MSM? I find that when I take it I have similar and ferocious egg burps.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Sulphur. More like cabbage, brocooli, cauliflower… sulphur-containing foods.

I didn’t think food combinging (without these foods) would cause that. I’m curious.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Oh no, just had this and it was so horrible. It was part of this detox thing that happens every couple of months or so with me. I start to burp sulphur then I get nauseas, throw up and have a “runny tummy”, and have to lie down alot. I am convinced it is my body purging out some kind of evil from deep inside. I can’t correlate it to anything I have been eating when it happens. It lasts for just a day or two and after I feel in particularily good health.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I have had the exact same thing happen to me. When I eat more than just a few nuts or seeds (a nice way of saying when I am eating excessive amounts of nuts) that have not been soaked it happens. I think it has to do with the digestion of fat.

I try not to mix my fats. You can try making your salad with either sunflower seeds or an avocado, along with a small amount of oil. In food combining, I have heard that having you shouldn’t mix seeds with nuts and avocado. I would modify your protein drink as well, use either hemp or oil. If this doesn’t help, try only having one fat per meal. Also, be sure to soak your nuts and seeds! You can always dehydrate them after you soak them if you want to have them dry.

If and when it happens, you might want to try a digestive enzyme for the digestion of fat. See if this helps.

When this happens to me, I have used Burt’s Bees Peppermint Breath Drops which contains chlorophyll, especially when I am around people. I also try to eat plenty of greens.

I hope this helps. I know how gross “smelly burps,” as I call them are. It makes me really appreciate a good old regular burp, which I just did incidentally.

• Giardia Lamblia. Have you had any accompanying diarrhea?

• I had a horrid case of Giardia 2 summers ago.(Actually right before this picture was taken, I was still recovering. Didn’t hike much of the smokeys as I had hoped.) The worst thing I’ve ever been exposed to. I was bed ridden (and toilet ridden) for about 12 days. My energy levels didn’t return for a soild month. I now have geographic tounge permanetly. I usually notice bad gas an bloating when digesting nut/seeds. It helps when they’ve been soaked, but some, like walnuts and sunflowers are really hard on me regardless. I usually stay away from those.

• I have had the horrible sulfur burps accompanied by extreme diarrhea a few times since going raw. I attributed it to moldy nuts or seeds. It’s so hard to guarantee that bulk nuts and seeds are fresh and there have been a few times that I’ve eaten a bunch and then looked at them more closely and noticed small bits of mold on them. Ew. I have a raw friend who got the sulfur burps as well, she thought it was just a digestion thing after eating a bunch of root veggies and wild mushrooms. I don’t know but either way they totally suck!

• Hey, listen.. I have dealt with these symptoms for years (symptom-free for 2 1/2 years, now..). The burps were so bad that I would gag, and most of the time symptoms would escalate into severe stomach cramping with horrid diarrhea and vomiting. I could always tell when it was coming on, and I used charcoal to overcome the worst of it. the use of colloidal silver eventually put an end to it all. I figured out that the symptoms were brought on by sugar. honey, or any concentrated sugar source (no matter how natural), yet not fruits or dried fruits. so, maple syrup, honey, and agave are definitely on the list. Also (though not very applicable to this forum), dairy. I would experiment to decide if sugars are aggravating the symptoms, you could have a bug. Stool samples are not always a reliable diagnosis, as I have found. (These bugs have a cycle and have a dormancy period during which symptoms and specimens will not appear.) I hope that none of you really have it, because it is difficult to get rid of, and continues to get worse if you don’t. The best of luck.. hope this helps.
    Stinky