Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

juicer help

I am thinking of asking for a juicer for xmas but am having a hard time wrapping my head around all the different types. what’s yours? what’s on your juicer wish list and why??

Comments

• GREEN STAR OR CHAMPION YOU WANT A TWIN GEAR MODEL.NOT A JUICE FOUNTAIN..IN THE GREEN STAR YOU CAN JUICE,MAKE NUT BUTTERS,ICE CREAM

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

you will get more juice out of the fruits and veggies with the above mentioned models because they are masticating juicers, (correct me if i’m wrong)
    i think it comes down to how much you want to spend.

• We bought a Green Star juicer approx. one month ago….and we LOVE it. Other sites had people complaining about the clean up, but I haven’t found it to be an issue at all! I tried carrot juice before when we had just a $40.00 juicer we bought at Walmart, and it almost made me hurl….but I LOVE the taste of the carrot juice out of this and the pulp comes out almost dry!

I’ve made rye kernal bread sticks (I think I got the recipe here) using the proper attachment and dehydrated them…they are awesome, I make almond butter with it, I’ve ground flax seeds with it and ground other nuts to make fake tuna etc.

The other thing that is really good about this juicer is that there is a greater yield of juice and very little foam created, which, according to my homepath, that foam is basically free radicals and are not desirable. And if you read the information on the Green Star…there is something about the grinders being magnetized or creating something to do with magnetics…that they said was a really good thing!! :) Mine cost me approx. $400.00 and that came with every available attachement, the bread stick/rice cake attachement, the one for making nut butters etc., and a really cool looking pasta attachment….as well as a plastic protective cover, a soft fruit attachment, and a steel wire brush that is an absolute necessity in my opinion for making cleaning the screens a breeze. If you want info about where I purchased it, let me know.

Also, because of way it juices without adding air, you can juice enough they say for like four or five days and it will still maintain it’s nutritional quality. We usually do enough for one or two days.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Where did you get yours? I see them on ebay and was considering buying there

• I just bought mine on Ebay for about 40% of what it normally costs, only used for 3 weeks because the guy decided juicing is not for him. Mine is the Hippocrates GreenPower juicer, it guarantees no oxidyzing for 72 hours. I was so happy because after an exhaustive research this is the model I wanted to get, however, it costs about $750-800 in Europe when new.

• Hi Heather, you might also consider a Norwalk juicer. They have been known for years as the best juicer in the world, although they aren’t really discussed in raw food circles. That is most likely due to the price. It is a very heavy duty, masticating machine that also has a built in hydrolic press to squeeze every last drop of juice out of the pulp. I bought mine used about 5 years ago for $400 and I expect that it will last another 20+ years! No plastic parts, all stainless steel with a wooden plunger. Good luck with your shopping!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

go on Amazon and review some of the reviews and if you have other sites that you trust go there as well. There are masticating juicers, centrifrugal, and twin gear(triturating juicer). The centrifrugal is the fastest but crushes the fruits and vegetable, not good for leafy greens and less enzymes. Masticating juices has squeezes the fruit and vegetable slower, less foam and has more enzymes great for leafy greens. Twin gear heavier, lower juicer, more enzymes, the most expensive, less foam, and great for leafy greens.

The top juicers are the green star or green power (the difference is one is black the other is white), breville 1000 juice fountain, and Omega 8005. The champion and the norwalk are good as well but the norwalk is expensive and the green star is better. I researched the information for 7 months before I bought one. I was also waiting for the prices to drop.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Joesc, I had not heard of the Norwalk before Linda posted about it. I’m on that website now. What moved you to choose the green star/power over the Norwalk?

Linda, What can you tell me about the Norwalk compared with the green star/power? Um… I just looked at the price of the Norwalk…over $2,000US! Ouch!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

$2,000! I’d rather take a vacation ;-)

• I bought mine online at www.vitalityplus1.com