Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tangerines!

When I think about another one, my mouth waters. I adore tangerines, and all of this is quite sudden, unexpected—I eat one after another after another and have very happily gone through several boxes. This is frantic, fast peeling, followed by mouthfuls of more and more. Right now, I’m pausing to peel a really, really good one as I type out these words. And, and… listen to this: I bought two boxes tonight, I ate four while walking through the parking lot, then I chowed down another really good one on the drive home. At work, I’m sharing the love—I’m handing them out freely like little gifts. And it’s funny how people are so careful with them—they thank me, they put the lovely fruit aside “for later” and I really can’t fathom how these people are able to control themselves.

Comments

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

tangerines are great I just bought 18, but mandarines is what gets me going. lol

• Haha. I can’t get enough tangerines either!! Entire boxes. Gone. Sometimes in less than a day! I haven’t found any really really good ones quite yet where I live.

I wouldn’t mind eating nothing but tangerines, all the time. When I lived in Florida and had a tree in my backyard, thats pretty much what I did!

“they put the lovely fruit aside

• Yep, it’s the mandarins that get me this time of year. Boxes and boxes of ‘em! YUM!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

my addiction is satsumas by the box load too. Yesterday I bought more than I ever have done before. Winter Sunshine, mmm. I put them into smoothies and puddings too, actually anywhere I can get them in they go.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I’m a clementine girl. Our grocery will have them next week and I’ll buy several boxes at a time until they’re out of season. I like that they have no seeds, are sweet and are easy to peel. I was introduced to them last year and have eaten more in that short time than anyone I know. I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way about them!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

greetings fellow tang freaks, the box i bought to take to Az with me for thanksgiving probobly wont survivie the drive!!! hahahhaha note to self: buy two more boxes!!!cheers

• Mmm. I agree with all of the above. But I particularly like ‘em with greener skins – then they are incredibly, deliciously tangy … mouth watering, now.

• lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

Ever since this thread was posted, I’ve had clementines on the brain… I finally have a pile of them on my ktichen counter and look forward to devouring several this afternoon.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Oh! My darlin’ Clementines arrived today and the store was already nearly sold out. I only got one 5 lb. box. They won’t last long around here.

• Zoe, i’m a satsuma addict like you! the lab i work at is located on an agricultural station, so i’m literally surrounded by satsumas (and pecans!) all the time. so tempting, we can’t pick them, but they sell them down the street at a farmers market for pretty cheap. love ‘em! way better than clementines if you can find ‘em.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i love tanderines, but my addiction is in pomegranate seeds. i know this place that sells them already seperated from the rest of the pomegranate in little containers. i literally eat about 6 in one sitting.