Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How to build raw muscle

worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

I’ll start off with few things and you guys can add questions and comments. Protein should be consumed in small amounts. Extra protein is converted to non toxic Carbon dioxide and h2o w/toxic ammonia, unused protein creates back aches, and amyloid deposits in muscles and connective tissue. Also excess protein clogs cell membranes and is acidic. Animal fats decrease Calcium absorption. Nitro is more important than protein to build muscle. Muscles needs overload. Intense workouts create muscle stimulation not protein. Muscle burns fat 24/7. By the inch is a cinch by the yard its hard.

Comments

• Hi worleyhimself2,

I’m quite new here (actually I’ve been a silent reader and this is my first post ;) ), but I always enjoy reading your posts!
    It seems you’ve got much experience and knowledge about workout and stuff, so I wanted to ask for your advice!
    I’ve always been completely unsporty, but I’d love to start doing something. I’m quite short in time and money, so I though of maybe just doing some simple excercises at home as a start. Especially my butt definitely needs some ;D I also have to mention that I’m quite thin, so I don’t need to lose weight, just want to build at least a few muscles and get in shape ;)
    It would be great if you (or anybody else) had some suggestions and hints for me!

Thanks in advance!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

hey, one question. i’m not interested in building raw muscle (i’m already fairly toned and don’t really like the muscly thing on girls like me). buuut one question about the protein thing. i know things like wheatgrass and dark leafy greens are good sources of protein, chalk full of amino acids, but i’ve never heard about excess freens clogging cell membranes and so on. by protein, do you mean animal protein? do greens count?

• What would u consume for protein? hemp? how much if small amounts? would u make it into a smoothie or what would u do for a typical protein-rich raw meal?
    I am really glad u started this topic. I am a cardio-fanatic, and I just cant stop running in the forest with my dog, but I would certainly start off with weights soon. I always wanted to but I got bored easily. Maybe if I start off with the right nutrition I see results earlier and that would keep me going. Good luck with this topic!

• I sweat like a horse. Especially when I do spinning. I am soaking wet after every session. But kelp and spirulina come in tablets, dont they? I dont take tablets. Do u think superfoods r fine on their own? I eat dandelions, spinach, nuts and seed and all kinds of leafy things: plantain, mizuna…

• I sometimes get cramps in my feet when I do spinning. I have quite wide feet anyway, so I thought that it is the shoes. I can never get shoes wide enough unfortunately. Do u think that is more like because I am short of some minerals?

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

you can get kelp fresh from a health store hopefully. spirlina comes in powder too. I put that in my shakes or when i make chocolate ill put some in there. superfoods are there own? it depends on your taste. I eat gojis with cashews my mom eats them straight. she also eats cacao straight. Cramps could definetly be magnessium definciency and might also be dehydration. I have delt with cramps before and thats what I read. Cacao is the number one source of magnessium. Also msm may be of some use to you. msm opens doors where wallas were created in the muscles, ligaments and tendons. I personally dont believe in shoes. We were created perfect. but unfortunetly you cant go anywhere without them. the best option for shoes is sandals and wide shoes. you never want to restrict those muscle in the feet.

http://www.roaringlionpublishing.com/store/merc…

this is a free online book to download on how to build muscle on raw food diet. for some reason it wont go directly to the book. so click the link then go to e-books on the side and find the book on that page. it is pretty thorough. you must have a pc to view it. also i urge you to check this guy out. peter ragnar is my homeboy. a true superhero.

• Thank you very much!
    I just had a look at the womenshealth webpage and it seems exactly what I’ve been looking for!
    I just have trouble deciding on something :)
    So, would it be best, to pick one workout for every part of the body and doing it every second-third day? And nothing in between?
    How long should the sessions be for the beginning? Just to get an idea to make some kind of plan I can follow.

Thanks again for your help!

Oh, btw… this now really gets embarassing, but how do I do “correct” squats?

remember there is never one set way. there is multiples ways to do something and get results. I just personally think hitting everything in that day is god for busy people and staying well rounded. I say have +5 exercises for all your body parts and each time just pick from the ones you wrote down. i’m into inconsistency since your muscle “pick it up what your laying down”, very quickly.

As far as weights stay between 30-45 min. any extra might be a waste from what Ive read. You want your exercises to be intense. Make yourself want a nap afterwards. Make yourself beat in that half hour. its tough to find that level of intensity, while being on such an energetic lifestyle. it took me awhile to get beat.

perfect squats, I believe is to have your thighs parallel to the floor when you come down. and push up with your butt. placement of your feet? just do what is comfortable where every you place them you work different muscle in your legs more so switch it up. when you come up i you should not come up totally straight but ever so slightly bent over.

I’d like to thank all of you for asking me these questions because now this will put building muscle on raw food diet at the top of my list. and put forth what i know. I tend to lose touch once in awhile. but now Ill hit it full force.

“where attention goes , energy flows”

• the womenshealthmag and the ebook are cool, now there is plenty of stuff to read and think about.
    it is our turn to say thank u, it is great that u came along with this topic! also u seem to be putting a tremendous amount of time and effort into it, which is great and I think we all appreciate it. So: thank you!
    I do find that since I found this forum I am more raw than ever and being able to be here is heavy-duty support! this topic will provide support to keep on doing those squats.
    I wonder what I shall do with my spinning… I do it for 50minutes almost every day. Even if I do other additional things (e.g. I do running, skipping and hulahooping, pilates, sometimes weights) I just cannot go to bed without my daily spinning. Is it bad? It really just makes me happy, I think I am addicted to it. If I want to have a day’s rest I just can’t. I go to bed and feel funny. So sometimes I just jump out of bed and mess up my resting day because I won’t sleep til it’s done. Maybe I’m nuts. Can I keep doing this if I do the weights? I think I am going to just waste all the muscle that I intend to build up. I finished work today, I am going to college now, I will be back very late and I just won’t sleep til I get my session. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it normal?

• Thank you very much again, worleyhimself2!
    You’re a great inspiration (as is this forum in general), and I hope I will be able to suit the action to the word, concerning my workout (30 min every 2nd to 3rd day should really be possible, in terms of time! No excuses ;) ).

• Thanks for the tips! This is an interview with a raw vegan bodybuilder:

http://www.therawdiet.com/audio/charlieabel.wav

Enjoy!

Mike

Join the Raw Summit at http://www.TheRawDiet.com/summit.html

• http://www.organicathlete.org/
    this is what Im reading now, seems useful.

• I remember reading long ago that Pineapple was very high in nitrogen. I read it in one of the Weider rags, though, so I’m not sure how true it was.
    Still, for some reason the info stuck.
    It makes nice smoothies, too.
    Any insight?

• I just have one thing to say – Storm Taliafero. He is so buff!!! :o) Every time I hear the term “raw muscle” I think of him…

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I was reading about chia seeds today and one of the benefits touted is building lean muscle mass.

• I have just created my profile. I have rather humble expectations, but I though I grab every opportunity:
    http://www.justgiving.com/beatavarga
    It is about me doing the Reading Half Marathon next March, and if anyone would like to donate to cancer research, that would make me really happy because I am fundraising for them with all my raw muscles.

hey woodchick pineapple could be high in nitro, not sure. i know that foods high in L arginine, which is a precursor to NO. high L-arginine/Nitro foods that I am familiar with are almonds, pine nuts, peas, flax seeds, garbanzos, black beans, and greens in general. I think sea vegetables as well. not sure. Also poor quality protein depletes nitro, as well as disease and fasting.

L arginine also increase human growth hormones, more strength from workouts, improves coordination and balance. helps with tissue healing