Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ALL ABOARD! Join us December 1 for a Master Cleanse (MC)

Comments

• spiritedmama – the easiest way I’ve found to chug the SWF is dissolving 2 tsp in a cup of warm water and between each sip drink 32 oz of fresh water. It really did the trick for me!
    RCBAlive – i don’t know if raw agave is truly raw but it finished my MC with the agave instead of maple syrup. I felt slightly more balance on agave than maple syrup. I felt little sugar rushes on maple syrup.

• I would like to try the master cleanse as well. It’ll be my first time. What are the ingredients and the measurements? Thanks!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Thanks Nezumi! I think I will try that in the morning. So far today I have been pleasantly surprised by my non-hunger, and my energy. I will say it was a little hard for me at dinner though…I made my family this amazingly beautiful salad, and I am a little sad that I dont’ get to share it with them. But, it is worth it!

• Glad to be of assistance, spiritedmama :)

thegymbum – here’s a link to a site about the MC. There you’ll find the link to Stanley Burrough’s book and inside the recipe for the lemonade (a lots of other ressources)
    http://www.mastercleanser.com/forum/viewtopic.p…

• Hi Guys-I am going to join you. I am starting this Friday the 30th and will do it for 10 days. So excited for this.

Nezumi, Thanks for the link you posted. I noticed that one of the posters said that they drink peppermint tea during the MC…can we drink herbal tea..!...? I would love it if we could! Anybody know?

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

spiritedmama – it was my understanding that you are supposed to drink an herbal laxative tea each night…

I have to say I really agree with RCBAlive about the raw-ness of maple syrup/agave. I don’t think the issue is raw dogma, its just that it really does make a difference…maybe its the reason why the last time i tried to do this i became so unbalanced too…they are adamant about specifically using B grade maple syrup because its supposed to supply you with all the basic nutrients you need… but I was thinking because of the raw issue this time I would use dates and just put it in a blender or something…anyone else concerned about that?

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Yes Kundalalita, that was my thought. Not the dogma, but is it really healthful? Are all the nutrients that grade B maple syrup has retained once it is heated at high temperatures? Is it more healthful to someone who is new to fasting and/or raw foods than someone who has been doing it for years? Just like a person who is new to raw food can eat tons of food including nuts and seeds, but after a while the portions need to be limited in order to lose or maintain weight.

Interesting concept about using dates. You wouldn’t want the fiber that you would get from the dates, but you could probably use the soak water in your lemonaid and get some of the nutrients.

By the way, does anyone know how long you can keep dates soaking? I have had some in the refrigerator for a month or two. I totally forgot about them and don’t know if they are still edible.

Yes, Kundalita, I know about the lax. tea in the evening, I am doing that…but this board listed other teas that could be drunk, so I was wondering if it was in addition to the lax. tea. Sorry, I probably didn’t make myself very clear in that post.

I would be concerned abotu the fiber in the dates too, as RCBAlive stated.

• Hi guys! I did the MC for the second time about a month and a half ago…it was amazing!!

Spiritedmama – I personally didn’t do the salt water flush at all. The first time I did the cleanse I made the lovely mistake of using 2 tablespoons of salt and let me tell you, that was NOT fun!! haha so I never went back. In the book, Stanley Burroughs recommends drinking the lax tea in the morning and at night if you don’t do the SWF. I only drank it at night and was fine. It’s all up to you. Also, he does say you can drink peppermint tea to help neutralize the mouth since it does get kinda gross at points! Hope that helps! happy cleansing :-)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

spriritedmama~ Why do you think the fiber of the dates would be a problem? My understanding is the laxative tea is needed because there is no fiber to get the intestines to push the garbage out.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I want to join this fast so badly. I’ve been planning on doing the Master Cleanse. The two things holding me back are that my husband’s birthday is on the 5th, and I’ll have to eat with him. Also, our refrigerator is full of nice organic produce right now, and most of it would go to waste if I did the fast. Although, I’m having a moment of inspiration here… I could dehydrate lots of it, make sauces out of a lot of it, and dehydrate those. But that still leaves my husband’s birthday.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey guys, I’m fasting too, but on water only, day 3. I love fasting and it’s great how enthusiastic RAW people are about it. Awesome support here. :)

• JoyceH – I guess there’s a lot of debate going on wether agave is a good substitute for maple syrup but since I felt better with agave than MS, I let my body decide what was best for me. It’s a personal thing, I guess. BTW, I’m in Canada, the land of the maple, I felt like a traitor switching to agave, heehee!

spiritedmama – Yes, you can drink herbal mint tea. It really soothe my tummy when I abused the cayenne pepper (I like it spicy!) But I tried another herbal tea with spices such as cinnamon and it irritated my stomach.

• ValaVala Raw Newbie

Hi everybody!
    Count me in,I am starting next week.I have been on my way for some time,ordered Glickman

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i’m not going to do the exact MC protocol, but i will be doing a juice fast starting dec 1.
    i’m somewhat phasing it in right now, so i may start a little earlier.

woo hoo!

O.k., I think I need a little encouragement…I am on day 3 of the fast, and day 3 of a horendous headache…bordering on the migraines I used to get before I went raw. I know it is part of the detox, and it is because of the toxins that my body is releasing, but this is just about to the point that it is unbearable and I am having a hard time functioning today. It is just like the migraines that I used to get that would make me throw up and have to hide under the covers in complete darkness. Before raw, I would have taken something to help ease the pain, but this is a detox so I can’t do that. I have tried all the “natural” tricks to get rid of headaches that don’t involve ingesting anything. I am at a loss. I don’t know if I can make it much longer if it continues like this.

• I’m going to also start a juice fast/detox Dec 1. I am definitely ready.

Well, I made it through the rough part…so far. It’s morning, and after the salt water flush, my headache is starting to subside. Thank you Raw Jim for your encouragement. If my headache comes back again today, I may well break the fast. But, it is nice to know that there are others out there that also struggle at day 3.

• spiritedmama – I did the MC for 8 days this past April. I found days three and four were my most difficult. I had flu-like symptoms the entire time and just wanted to not be in my body. Day five came and it was like a fever breaking, I had all of the energy in the world and had no remaining trouble from the previous days. I found that I made it through by just telling myself that if I could make it another hour, at least that was one more hour under my belt and a little farther in my cleanse. During such detox I found that easier than thinking in days. Hope that helps! Best of luck and I’ll be joining the fast shortly, starting tomorrow myself :)

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Gosh, it must be warm where you all are. Here in Scotland, I couldn’t contemplate fasting in these temperatures 7degrees. But good luck to you all.

Actually sweetpea, I live in Flagstaff, AZ (7000 feet elevation mountain town), and it is quite cold here…rain today and snow tomorrow. I look forward to my warm master cleanse drink every 2 hours or so. And, I have had peppermint tea in between. I just sip them by our nice warm fire and I am nice and toasty.

A question to those who have done this before: what are we looking for as far as tongue coloration changes? I have scoured the link to the mastercleanse book and can’t seem to find anything that talks about it.

Thanks!

• Your tongue will get white and fuzzy. The book also says that once your tongue turns a clear pink you’re ready to stop the cleanse…but who knows how long that could take! My tongue was still fuzzy after 10 days.

• This is day 1 for me. Feeling good so far. I’ve had two lemon drinks and about to make another one. I only drank half of a quart of the salt water flush this AM. It was NASTY, I could barely get it down. Feeling tired-but that could be because I didn’t get much sleep last night. Can’t wait to hear what everyone elses first day experiences are like. x

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I’m going to be doing the Jon Barron World Detox Event during the same time. It also includes metal detox.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

kundalalita writes, Nov 20, 2007: (59 posts)

“Awesome. I

123 writes, 2 minutes ago: (271 posts)

I

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Heathermarsbomb, Baseline Nutritionals sells the herbal products used on this detox. It’s expensive, but Jon Barron has had many success stories using his protocols. I was tested for heavy metals and had high levels, this is one of the reasons that I decided to go this route. I’ve been raw for 3 years, so any detox had to be deep cleaning for me. The website is very specific if you dig into it. It provides a list of products used, when and how. Jon Barron always has good information (IMO).

To answer your question, it’s an intestinal cleanse, metal detox, followed by a liver, kidney, gallbladder, blood cleanse.

RawJim, that is what I had yesterday…very occipital, moving into the temporal region off and on. I just sat under the shower with very hot water multiple times throughout the day. It was very unpleasant to say the least. I started getting it on day 1 and it came to a head on day 3. Now, I still have a light headache, but it is “ignorable” if I stay busy.

thanks for the info, 123, and best of luck on your detox journey!