Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ALL ABOARD! Join us December 1 for a Master Cleanse (MC)

Comments

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

spiritedmama- sorry to hear about the struggle you are having, my sister used to have migraines that put her in the hospital so i can only imagine what that must be like. I only get mild headaches if I get them so I don’t know if this advice will help you or not, but this always makes mine go away: ask yourself what color the headache is? is it green, blue, yellow, white, black? and how big is the headache? is it the size of a golf ball, a baseball, a cantaloupe? for some reason when addressed like that it turns from a black watermelon to a yellow almond and subsides…

Orchid, thanks for the advice on getting through the rough parts… i guess i just have to accept that this might not be all peaches and creme…mmmm….but you just do it anyway you know?

My question is… what is the method everyone uses to take the lemonade? its 12 8 oz cups a day right? do you guys make a big batch for the whole day in a gallon container and just carry it throughout the day and drink whenever you like? or do you remake several 1 liter bottles throughout the day? do you drink it all right on the hour or do you sip it continuously and gradually?

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I’m in!! I worked out all the obstacles. This is my first time doing the master cleanse, so I’m very excited. Yay!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Kundalalita, thanks for the suggestion, I will try it for sure! I too used to get hospitalized from migraines…not fun.

I work from home, so whenever I feel hungry, I just make myself an individual serving. I put 2 TBS lemon juice, 2 TBS maple syrup, and 2 dashes of cayenne into a mug, and then fill the rest with slightly warmed water. I actually enjoy it!

My headache has gotten slightly worse, but still not unmanageable. I am keeping close tabs on it, and if it does become unbearable I will break the cleanse and try again another time. Does anyone know how far between cleanses you have to have before starting it up again?

• is anyone actually starting tomorrow? I haven’t had a chance to buy all the lemons and things I need so I am just going to take the senna laxative tonight, salt water flush in the am and water fast until I have a chance to go to the store after work tomorrow.

i was gonna start tomorrow. i think im gonna have to pig out tonight so my food doesn’t go to waste… ahem no other reason…

my inclination is to just make a big gallon full of lemonade in the morning and just carry it around… but i heard that the longer the cayenne is in the mix the more spicy it gets!

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I’m starting the fasting part of the blessed herb cleanse tomorrow. I also joined the Barron cleanse a week or so ago. I was using this as my colon cleanse. I did a metal detox for about 5 or 6 wks a month ago and from the feel of my bladder the first week or so I eliminated alot. I’m aiming for 14 days on the colon cleanse and the last time I did this days 2 and 3 were horrible and on day 4 I was buzzing! Happy cleansing everyone!

Kundalalita, maybe you could mix up everything but the cayenne, and bring the cayenne with you. Then, add it to each drink. I put 2 large dashes of cayenne in my single servings. If you add it at the time you are going to drink it, then it wouldn’t get too hot.

Almost to the end of day 4…still waiting for the buzz. I hope I won’t be disappointed!

• I’m starting tomorrow. I just ate my “last meal”, which was just me pigging out on everything left in the fridge. I’m going to drink senna tea tonight right before bed, then do the salt water flush first thing in the morning.

Honestly, it’s the salt water flush that scares me the most. I’m pretty good at not eating, but chugging salt water does not sound like fun. Maybe it’s just my line of work, though… I’m a marine biologist, and getting a nice stomach-ful of seawater right before a scuba dive is always terrible. I’ll just have to remind myself that this salt water is okay to drink. Don’t spit! Haha.

My fridge is full of lemons and limes, and I bought a half-gallon of organic maple syrup. I’m hoping that knowing how much I paid for the syrup will be motivation enough for me to last the whole thing.

Also, I’m planning on mixing the cayenne with a little bit of lemonade and then doing it like a “shot” before each drink. That way I won’t have to drink the lemonade spicy. Has anybody else ever done it this way? I think it should work the same.

Good luck everyone. And thanks spiritedmama and others, for keeping us posted on your experiences thus far.

Just to make sure I’ve got all the details right, does the fast go like this?
    Morning: One quart of water with two tablespoons of sea salt.(Edit: Correction. It’s two TEASPOONS.)
    Throughout the day: Six to twelve 10 oz. glasses of water with two tablespoons of maple syrup and two tablespoons of lemon juice added to each along with cayenne.
    Evening: Drink a laxative tea.
    Is that right?

• Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it is 1 quart water with two TEAspoons sea salt. Everything else sounds right.

• Yes, it’s 2 TEASPOONS of sea salt.
    Here is a link to read all about the Master Cleanse:
    http://www.healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf
    It is actually the original book about it in a pdf format.

Oh, thank you so much, mygreenmojo and Maria!!

• I am starting today! I wasnt sure about it because I had a lot of work for school and I didnt want to write essays with terrible headaches. I usually get them the first few evenings. But last night I just didnt go to bed until it is all done.
    I am glad there are so many of you doing it and that veganpunk started it off. I hope we will be great support for each other and will eventually enjoy a lot of benefits. Thanks vgeanpunk!

Day 5 and I am feeling much better, though still have a tinge of a lingering headache now and then. Now, my biggest obstacle is being SOOOO bored with just having the drink. My mouth is craving texture, especially crunchy things. My game plan is just to try and keep myself busy today and hope that that will help.

I’m sitting here drinking my quart of water with 2 tsps of sea salt. It hasn’t been hard, and I’ve been drinking it slowly. I’m debating whether or not to make a big batch of the lemonade for the whole day or making a glass many times during the day. How is everyone else doing?

• for me this is soon the end of the day. after 6pm here. in the morning the salty water was working… more than well…
    the lemonades are really lovely, and now I am having my laxative tea. I feel a bit tired, and no headache yet. I kept myself busy all day. I made a sponge-cake cos my non-raw partner is going to a party – I don’t feel like going, it would mess my fast up I think. So I think I will be reading til bedtime… funny but I didn’t feel like licking the spatula off, though I think it is a nice cake, but I just cannot be bothered. What bothers me is crunchy organic peppers or ripe mangoes… I think I’m better off reading my book. Let us know how ur doing, folks.

• Wow, I did the salt water flush this morning… No thank you! That stuff is harsh. Now my bum is so sore! It would be funnier if it was someone else’s bum. Ouch. =(

I think I’ll wait a few days until I try it again. Senna tea should be enough for me.

Maybe it was how I took the salt water… Rather than mixing it all together, I mixed the two teaspoons salt with 1 cup of water, then I took a sip of salt water followed by a big chug of fresh water, until the whole quart of fresh water was gone. I really doubt that was it though. It seems like it would all just mix up in your stomach right away. Oh well.

Everything else is going well though. The lemonade is tasty. No headaches, no hunger, good energy level. I cleaned my house this morning and I think I’m going to work on my thesis tonight. Also, I want to go buy some peppermint tea, it sounds especially good to me right now. Do you think it would be okay to sweeten it a little with maple syrup or raw honey?

• RawVoice – Hope all is well. I am winding down Day 1 too. I drank 32 oz of salt water this morning. No problem with it this time, usually can’t handle it until Day 3 or so.

In answer to your question, staying busy during the day is crucial for me. Since I spend time preparing 3-4 meals a day, I have nothing to do with my time if I mix a batch in the morning…so I actually mix it a glass at a time. I find it “keeps me busy” and in the kitchen doing something…

No real symptoms today but hungrier than usual. I am also battling the hunger you get from “that time of the month too”.

Peace out…tomorrow is another day!

Yeah Day 1

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

damn it! my coffee addiction is stronger than my will to fast!

day 1 -FAILED!

GRRRR

veganpunk, Yes, this day went well! Aside from a little hunger, I felt good, and I even did my exercise routine which I haven’t done for a week and a half. I felt energetic and optimistic all day. I LOVE the taste of the lemonade. WOW. That’s a delightful surprise! Yummy. Sorry it’s that time of the month for you. That can really trigger cravings, but I’m sure you’ll do just fine !!
    stylishchick, I don’t think the whole day is a bust just because you had coffee. I’m sure you still got some good out of it.

Start of Day 6 for me…so far so good, other than a little runny nose after the salt water flush. I’m sure it will pass after I drink my first cup of MC.

• RawVoice – Yes, the interference of that time of the month has proven to be exhausting – but I am almost done with Day 2 – Did 32 oz of the SWF this am – no problem – drinking it warm and thru a straw makes it easy – It’s about 3:00 and have had 5 glasses of Lemonade – feel okay – little cold on the inside (and it’s 70 dg. outside) – but since going raw I am usually cold

Again, all is well. It is always easier for me during the work week than on the weekend – by next weekend I will be in the middle of the cleanse and it shoud be easier.

Where is everyone? I thought we had a ton of bodies cleansing?

Peace

Yeah, I don’t know where everyone ran off to. spiritedmama, stylishchick, greenmojo, and hoppinhun are here, too, but I thought there were others and some have been pretty quiet.

I was wondering, what kind of water are you using? Does Borroughs recommend a certain kind of water?
    Also, the salt water flush hasn’t been as purgative as I thought it would be. I haven’t been releasing much.

Hey guys, I have to tell you that I broke the cleanse today. After the SWF, the pressure in my head just continued to get worse and worse,a nd I feared more migraines, so I drank OJ this morning. I am still keeping it to liquids, but not the master cleanse. The pressure has subsided a little, and the fear of migraine is not there anymore. Also, I don’t think my family can handle any more days with a mama who is not fully there for them. Things were starting to fall apart a little. So, I feel good about my decision. I wish everyone the best of luck with their cleanses! I made it past my original goal of 3 days, so I know you can too! I think I may try it again in a few months.

That’s perfectly understandable, spiritedmama! I’m sure the three days did you lots of good.

yea, my first day failed too. im still trying to do it, i just think it needs to be more gradual for me ..

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Hi Everyone!
    I am not doing the MC, but the Blessed Herb Cleanse. I actually tried the salt water fush a few wks ago when Lucy posted it and it didn’t work for me either, rawvoice. This product worked wonders the last time I did it so I’m aiming for at least 10 days. I am also on day 3 and so far I’ve only had a very mild headache Sat pm, and today I was VERY aggitated( this drives my husband bananas! ). I finally uh, got rid of a bunch of garbage, and felt like my old self again. I even was able to do a destress/detox kudalini yoga DVD this afternoon.
    Stylistchick- I don’t think coffee constitutes failure. You may just need to wean over 3 days to cut the detox. I was really trying not to eat any processed food on my 3 day precleanse but…I did. However instead of eating everything there, I just ate a little and stopped. This is great progress for me as I usually don’t stop until whatever I’m binging on is gone. I’s not a failure, but a significant improvement from my normal behavior.
    Spiritedmama- Just think of all the junk you got rid of!

• I’m here. Doing good. Near the end of my second day. I did the salt water flush again this morning (even though I said I wasn’t going to). I drank it through a straw and the taste wasn’t bad. But, it didn’t seem to have quite as strong an effect as it did yesterday. Whatever, I think it still helps.

My energy level is fine and I haven’t been hungry at all. No detox symptoms yet. However… I have been doing the cayenne as a separate shot, then chasing it with lemonade. About an hour ago I made 32oz of nice warm lemonade, so I did a shot with over 1/3 teaspoon cayenne first. Whoa! WAY too much cayenne on an empty stomach! I thought I was going to throw up and I had to sit down and chill out for awhile. It passed though, and I feel fine now. I just need to take the cayenne in smaller doses. Or add it to the lemonade like I should be doing. :P It just sounds gross though!

Anyway, I’m doing good and I’m glad that I’m doing this. And I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t be able to stick it out the full 10 days. Yay! =)

Hi Sita,
    Welcome to the board! Sounds like you’re doing great on raw. It’s usually a gradual transition for most people, and it can be rocky especially around the holiday season or in stressful times. I plan on doing the cleanse for at least 10 days. So far, I’ve been really happy with how easy it feels to do it. I’ve had more than enough energy during the day, and the hunger has not been unbearable. I’m glad you’re with us on this cleanse. The more the merrier. Keep us posted.

• Hi Folks,
    Sorry I didn’t check in sooner, I only have internet access at work. So I’m on day 3 today. Yesterday I had a bad headache all day and today the lovely cold like symptoms. I make a huge batch of lemon/syrup mix and bring that into work. Then I mix it in a glass with water as needed so I’m not caring around huge bottles. Last night was tough. My boyfriend made a batch of fries (a BIG weakness) with his dinner, but I made it through. I find my hunger isn’t as much of a problem as the food cravings.

princesSITA – I haven’t decided how long I’m going to stay on the cleanse, I’d like to be on it at least ten days, my long term goal would be the first day of winter as well.

spiritedmama – sorry to hear about the migraines. I can’t relate but have a friend who gets them so I know it pretty much shuts a person down. I sincerely hope you feel better :)

Blessings!