Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ALL ABOARD! Join us December 1 for a Master Cleanse (MC)

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Thanks for everybodies support and understanding! It truly is appreciated. I have a question…would it be worth it (or a waste of time) to do the MC drink every morning? For almost 10 years now I have been having a cup of warm lemon water to start my day. I was thinking that it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to turn that into a MC drink to start my morning. But, if it would not be useful, or any more useful than just the lemon water, I don’t want to waster the resources (organic maple syrup isn’t cheap!). Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Good point RawJim, that was one of my concerns…it’s an aweful lot of maple syrup if you are already eating solid food. Extra calories don’t help anyone. Interesting thoughts as far as why the MC works as well. I have similar views. I am interested to hear what other’s think as well.

• This is day 8 of the MC for me; I plan to do a 14 day cleanse this time. The other cleanses I’ve done has been 10 days but every time I get to day 10 I want to stay on it longer. This is the fourth MC since Feb. I love this cleanse – I love the lemonade and I’m full of energy. I never get hungry, I just lose interest in foods on day 2. I always get a mild headache on day 2, then a runny nose for a few days. I make two batches of the lemonade in a 32 oz container at a time which I carry everywhere I go. Previously I did the salt water flush in the morning but it was difficult getting to work on time (possibility of having to use the toilet during the drive to work), so this time I’ve been drinking the laxative tea in the morning and at bedtime. Also, the last couple of times I did the salt water flush by itself, nothing happened! This time I’m using limes instead of lemons because limes are much cheaper here (I don’t know why) and the MC book said that limes could be used instead of lemons with the same benefits. The only problem I have is during the breaking of the cleanse…I get impatient to eat and I don’t do the 4 transistional days, I barely finish the 3rd day. I never had any problems though. I plan to do the MC every 3 months.

• Laine – That rocks! I am on Day 3 – No problems – This is my second of the year. I plan to do it with the change of each season. I felt amazing on about the 10th day of the cleanse and actually finished my first one on Day 12. I never wanted to stop but knew I had to at some point. I did ease back into solids but didn’t experience the nightmare transition some people experienced. I ate very clean the first 2 weeks. It was a breeze.

Last cleanse was with limes too due to price .35 v 1.49 each. I have no idea why lemons were so expensive this past summer. Anyway, I liked the limes too….they actually produced a ton of juice. This time it’s lemons because a friend of mine bround me about 50 of them from his own tree. I have lemons for days…

Peace

• Hi Sita,
    Welcome on board! You should know that I too enjoy sashimi, so don’t feel like you’re the only one. Hey, it’s still raw! =:)

It’s nice to hear that some of you have been doing MCs for awhile now. That’s what I’d like to do. I think I might try MCs with the solstices and juice feasts with the equinoxes, just to mix it up a little.

I’ve also been using a combo of lemons and limes, sometimes mixed, sometimes separate. I’ve found I like the lime drinks cold and the lemon drinks hot. Since I’ve been taking the cayenne as a separate shot, I’ve been spicing up my hot lemon drinks with a cinnamon stick. It is sooooo good like that!

• RawJim – I believe it is clarity – you should be able to hone it and focus in the next few hours…Isn’t it great? It’s like having super powers. My sense of smell and hearing appear to sharpen too during the cleanse.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi princessSITA~ Some of the products that I use with my clients are completely plant-based. I also just saw that Hippocates Health Institute carries it. Good news, I can get it for you for a lesser price. Feel free to contact me.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Day 3, and I’m feeling really good. I am having some hunger pangs this evening, but certainly nothing I can’t bear. I like how my energy level feels. Fasts have never been easy for me. I’ve done three day green juice fasts before, and frankly they were agony. I was weak, unbearably hungry and ultra-spacy. Even a one day green juice fast is not easy for me. But this master cleanse is very easy. Since I wasn’t having great results from the salt water flush, I bought celtic sea salt today which I’ll try in the morning. I was using regular sea salt. I think celtic is probably better.
    I’m not having any detox symptoms except perhaps a mild back ache.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I am on my 3rd day of Blessed Herb (I posted yesterday as 3, but I was off a day!) and I have a headache although not too bad. My vision has been very blurry today and I’m hoping for a significant clearing soon. When I am eating very clean my vision noticably sharper. After a few days of junk, it’s almost like I have vaseline on my contacts. Lunch is my hardest time. I’m not really too hungry but my habit is to eat way too much at lunch. I agree with everyone else about being at work being easier. There is just too much temptation on the weekends! This day 3 was much easier than day 3 on my last cleanse in August. I’m kind of worried about breaking the fast because last time I lost all control and ate everything .This one will be longer so hopefully that helps.

• Greetings and encouragement to all you MC fasters. I have done the MC fast twice in the past, so I empathize with you and resonate with so much of what you are sharing. It didn’t work for me to join with you this time, but I certainly am with you in spirit and offer encouragement. Each body is responding just the way it needs to.

For me, it was a very spiritual experience. I particularly connected with the Rumi poem:

There’s a hidden sweetness in the stomach’s emptiness.

We are lutes, no more, no less.

If the soundbox is stuffed full of anything, no music.

If the brain and belly are burning clean with fasting, every moment a new song comes out of the fire.

The fog clears, and a new energy makes you run up the steps in front of you.

Be emptier and cry like reed instruments cry.

Emptier, write secrets with the reed pen…

When you fast, good habits gather like friends who want to help….

In friendship,
    Barbraw

Barbraw,
    That was absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for the inspiration and insight. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Beautiful poem Barbraw!

Thank you so much for sharing that you do the MC once a week Sita. I am not sure I am ready for that, but was thinking of doing a short MC once a month, though still not sure of how effective that would be. I wish I could find more peoples experiences with variations of how they are using the cleanse. Whenever I decide to do it again, my goal will be 7 days, and cross my finger that I don’t have as difficult a time with it as I did this time.

• Barbraw – thanks for the inspiration :)

pricesSITA – I too have a very sore throat. Yesterday afternoon I developed a rash and today the rash has gone down but I now have acne. I have a lot more energy :) and slept really well last night. My hunger has gone and the brain fog is clearing. Thank you so much to those who organized this! (Day 4)

A question for those who have doe the MC ad gone (or stayed) on a raw diet afterwards..do you regain the lost water weight? The only time I’ve done the MC I ate a SAD diet afterwards, but I recall losing water weight when I went raw. Any ideas?

Blessings!

• Day 9 of MC. No new symptoms besides headache on day 2 and runny nose on day 3, 4, 5.

I also have The Miracle of Fasting and follow the fasting routine of a 1 day weekly fast and a 3 day monthly fast but instead of water fasts, I do the MC fast. I’ve done 1 day water fasts but I get very weak and hungry and feel that the stress outweighs the benefits. It would be easier for me if I could stay in bed the entire time but that is not realistic for me. The MC fast has been the solution for me because I do the the 1 and 3 day fasts to maintain my weight and to center and refocus myself not really to cleanse and I can keep doing my regular activities without any hunger and weakness. I do a 10-14 day MC every 3 months to cleanse along with a liver flush.

• RawJim – Thanks so much for the “shout out”. I am sorry you are having such a tough go of it. I am midway through Day 4 and really feel great. No problems. No hunger. Sleep last night was blissful. I told you guys ealier that was my favorite part. The restful sleep.

Barbraw – I didn’t lose a lb. the last time I did the MC. It appears I lost 1 lb. after 4 days. I can’t imagine this would be permanent. I read post after post about those who lost 10-12 lbs and ate “right” just after the cleanse and didn’t gain it back, but I’ve also read just the opposite.

Burroughs (the guy who wrote the original book) states that your body will find a natural state – So I read that to mean that if you have it to lose it will go otherwise – no such luck.

No one has said a thing about the tongue coating. Anyone else experiencing this?

Good luck to all – It has helped me a ton this time to read through the posts and stay focused.

Peace

Day 4 for me. Last night I was uncomfortably hungry, but I was able to handle it fine. This morning I’m not hungry. I’m doing my SWF right now with celtic sea salt. It’s stronger tasting than the “Real salt” brand I was using before.
    veganpunk, yep, my tongue is coated. I don’t have any other detox symptoms except I had a slight back ache last night. My diet has been very pure and raw for the last eight months except for the week before I started the cleanse when I ate some cooked and non-vegan food. That’s part of the reason I felt so inspired to do the cleanse. I wanted to get that out of my system. I’m sure I’m getting rid of it.
    So far, overall, I’m so impressed with the ease of this fast. I’ve never been on such an easy fast before. Yay!

• Day 4 for me, too. Nothing much has changed. Still easy with no detox symptoms. I only drank 16 ounces for the salt water flush this morning and I think that was fine. I’m not a very big person.

I’m sorta nervous about tomorrow. The plan is to go offshore scuba diving for my work. This involves getting up at 4:00 in the morning, which I’m used to, but I’ve never done while on the MC. I think I’ll have to skip the salt water flush. The last thing I want is having a sudden urge to go while I’m 70 feet underwater wearing a wetsuit!

On a side note… all the benefits of raw food and fasting are becoming increasing clear to me lately. Why? Everyone I work with is constantly getting sick, and I’m fine! Even not eating, I feel great. Everyone else has coughing, runny noses, sinus infections, ear infections, etc. And these people eat terribly, of course. One guy, Darin, I swear he is allergic to wheat and dairy. But that’s about the only things he eats! And meat. He is always getting infections, always mucusy, and always on antibiotics. I wish there was some way I could explain to these people the concepts of toxemia without getting looks like I’m crazy. Oh well. They’ve seen first hand the benefits that raw food has given me. I guess all I can do is keep setting a good example. sigh :(

It is the end of day 4 for me and I really just want to eat. I am not all that hungry so it is the physical/psychological part I miss. I’m going to relax with my tea and maybe stretch tonight. That ought to help. I’m hoping my muscle pain and stiffness go away soon Exercise will actually be enjoyable then. I was completely pain free at the end of the last one. Wonderful!
    It is hard to watch people you work with eat so poorly. My friend at work had a scare with breast cancer. Her Bx came back negative, but I told her I could point her in the right direction and she was all for it until I told her she really should quit smoking, drinking and cut out all the chips and pretzels. I lost her there! She’d rather get cancer than quit! Like you said – Lead by Example”

Tonight was slightly challenging for me, too. My husband is recovering from an illness, so I’ve been cooking for him. He’s not raw, and since our diets are so different, he usually cooks for himself, and I usually prepare my own food. But for the time being, I’m cooking for him. Naturally I slip in as much raw food into his diet as I can, but he’s not happy when I prepare all raw for him. I haven’t been tasting his food at all since I started the master cleanse. It’s hard to judge if it’s good if you can’t taste it. Tonight I felt sort of tempted, but I still didn’t do it. I’m proud of myself for that. I took almonst an hour walk today which I also feel good about.

• Good Morning all!

Day 5 my tongue is still coated. My joints started to ache late yesterday but my circulation is improving, normally my hands are very cold but they aren’t today, even in northern VT weather. RawVoice – congratulations :) that’s a lot of temptation to resist. I was over at friends’ last night and they ordered Chinese…I didn’t have any but woke up in the middle of the night from a vivid dream of eating it! So far I’ve dropped 10 lbs, most of it I know is water weight. I feel great today and this has strengthened my resolve to go back to and maintain a raw diet. Thanks again to all who are posting, the support and community helps a lot.

• Day 10 of MC (will continue to day 14)- no new symptoms, no appetite. Lost 7.5 lbs (I needed to lose about 10-15 lbs) and continue to pass dark mucousy wastes. Tongue coated white which started on day 2 causing bad breath even after tongue brushing! Bad smell from body (mild) since about day 3 which is from the skin eliminating wastes (my poor husband!). This is where the mint tea helps as stated in the MC book – it neutralizes mouth and body odors. It also tastes good and breaks the monotony of the diet.

Once I start eating normally, I’ll gain about half the weight back but keep the other half off permanently. According to the MC, after I lose all the weight I need to, I won’t lose any more.

Laine, That is so interesting that at day 10 you are still having the black mucousy waste. I didn’t have anything after day 3 from the lax. tea or the salt water flush. I was wondering if I should have or whether it was o.k. that the water that went in was all that came out. I forgot to post that earlier when I was still on the cleanse. That’s what headaches will do for you!

Well, even though I was only on the cleanse for 5 days, my body seems to have reset itself for the most part. I tried to eat something that was not raw today (just a little boxed rice milk on some raw granola, since while on the cleanse I didn’t make any almond milk), and my body IMMEDIATELY rejected it. I was running to the bathroom every 10-15 min,for about an hour this morning. Once it was out of my system, I felt fine. Also, I haven’t wanted any coffee…YEAH!

• spiritedmama – this could be because you have less toxins to clean out than I do. From reading your posts, you eat cleaner than I do.

I was a vegetarian for 4 years before my first MC in Feb. then after the cleanse I went on a raw diet (~ 90%) for 3 months. Then I went on vacation and went back to the old diet. Since then I have been trying to get on as high a raw diet as possible.

The SWF isn’t making me purge either, so maybe I’ll skip it and do a cup of smooth move tea instead. I’ve been having a cup every evening. I haven’t released much at all doing this fast. I’ve had a couple very small BMs, and I’ve had a tiny bit of diahrea. (Sorry if that’s TMI.)

Mid day 5 of the Blessed Herb cleanse and I AM HUNGRY! I managed not to eat but it was tough. I put a batch of flax/buckwheat/date and cinnamon crackers on the dehydrator and then salivated over that taco salad recipe for a bit. I passed quite a huge amount of waste the first time I did this cleanse but not so much this time. No real detox signs but I haven’t dropped the fluid weight that I’m carrying either and my belly is still pretty poochy so it’s good I’m going at least 5 more days. It’s good to see everyone going along well. This forum really helps with motivation.

• Hi! Just wanted to sign in and say I started the MC yesterday. Thank you for all the wonderful information so far.
    It is my first cleanse and it has been an interesting experience. :-)
    Nothing too difficult and I haven’t had many side effects, so as of now I am smiling and looking forward to the wonderfully clean body I am beginning to live in.

Tonight is a challenge for me. It’s not awful, and I’m not very hungry, but I’m feeling a little bit bored of the lemonade. This will probably pass. I’ll be fine. I cooked my husband SAD food for dinner, and I was feeling sort of envious of eating. I didn’t eat any though.
    RawJim, Hope to cleanse with you some other time. I’m not working, so I don’t have to worry about being 100%. Although I do feel pretty coherent.
    Deborahann, Sounds like you’re being very strong!

• Almost done with day 5 (half-way point for 10 day cleanse -yay!) and still feel ok.

My trip offshore was cancelled due to the weather, so no worries about wearing a wetsuit today.

I’m also getting kinda bored with the lemonade, but I can handle it. I’ve been mixing in the cayenne lately and it’s not as bad as I imagined.

I went out to lunch today with the people I work with. I just had water as everyone else devoured delicious-smelling mexican food, but honestly it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Deborahann and RawVoice, good job staying strong! I live by myself so there’s no real temptation of having food around. Although… I have a huge 5 gallon bucket full of beautiful pecans that were generously dropped by the tree outside my window at work. I’m thinking about cracking a lot of them open to make candied pecans for Christmas gifts. I’ll have to be very consious not to put any little pieces in my mouth! I’m sure the vanilla-honey dehydrator smells will be a true test of my willpower.

• Hi Everyone!!

I’m not on the MC, but I am planning on starting it on the 1st of January so I’ve been reading up on everyone’s experience here.

Anyway, some of you have posted about the tongue coating and wondering when it would clear up.. I can’t remember where I read this, but while researching about the MC a week or so ago I read that, if possible, you should try to stay on the cleanse until the tongue clears up and is nice and pink. The guy who wrote that said that it took him 20 days of being on the cleanse for his tongue to clear up. He also mentioned the experience of a friend who was on the cleanse for 26 days before his tongue cleared. I just wanted to share that for those of you who were wondering when it would clear up. The simple answer is that it takes a different amount of time for everyone, but aiming for at least 10 days is encouraged (in Burroughs book and also in all literature I’ve read).

You guys are awesome, thanks for sharing your experiences! I’ll remember you all while I’m cleansing in January :)

Keep us updated!

• namadetaberu – welcome!

Laine – I too have been experiencing the body odor problem, it’s especially strong right out of the shower. Today is the first day that I haven’t wanted to run right back under the water :)

Day 6 and yes I too am getting tired of lemonade. The boredom part is making me want to eat, which is part of why I’m doing this and going raw again. My tongue is still coated but I have energy and no other real issues. slcraw let us know how your MC cleanse goes!