water filtration systems

pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

compare and contrast please?

i want to install something for my kitchen sink so i can stop buying bottled water.

which ones make the water ALIVE? when all is said and done, is it HEALTHIER than EVIAN?

(oh, and i know ALL about fruits and veggies and water and etc… but i still find many uses for pure water)

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi pianissima~ I haven’t seen anyone here post about the Wellness Filter. The ag studies on the site are interesting. I have used this filter in a sports bottle form and I really like it. In addition to everyday use, I have suggested the sports bottle for folks that travel. This is a way of getting filtered water wherever one goes. This filter is only good for treated water and not good for river/lake or other nontreated water. Personally, I would love to get it in a “whole house” system. I keep hearing how showering with filtered water is also a good/important thang.

• I’d say try to get a system that uses reverse osmosis (RO) and then energetizes the water. Also, make sure that the dissolved content of the water (minerals, chemicals, particles etc.) is below 50mg/l. GE Water Technologies makes the GE Osmonics membranes which are supposed to be one of the best membranes in water filtering. So you may want to look into products that use that technology. I cannot give you a link unfortunately (I’ll buy from a local supplier here in Hungary), GE bought Osmonics, which was a smaller water technology company and they use their technology in their water treatment devices.

• Does reverse osmosis remove chlorine and fluoride? I was looking into a distillation system but hear that the process lowers the PH significantly. What about distilled water with cell food?