Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

pH ~ anyone check theirs?

I have been raw for quite awhile, and prior to that a vegan for many years (25 +)... I never had thought about pH too much till listening the the Raw Summit 2 tele conferences…. I have been checking my pH for 4 days now all throughout the day I am using the pHion additive recommended to alkalinize water, but I am always 5.5 on my pH. I have purchased several tapes to check the pH and also am using the little sticks…
Has anyone else had this problem? I feel great, just a little tired at times…
thanks for sharing you commments ~

Comments

• Morning…I just rec’d two books I ordered from Amazon on the subject to try to understand where a “normal” middle aged person should be. I’ve also spent weeks trying to find somewhere to order the test strips. Where did you get yours?

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

I just ordered some pH strips from ebay and starting reading into it…I’m still a ‘novice’ in this area

• Hi thanks for your comments. I have been almost 100% raw for nearly a year, and just recently started checking pH but still very acidic ~ so am trying to figure out how I can alkalinize my body…. I’m exercising and doing all I read about to alkalinize….
    I purchased the pH paper from our local health food store. Veganpunk, do you mind sharing what books you purchased? Heathersmarsbomb, I too feel like a real novice in this area.

• My husband and I are on a quest to alkalinity right now. We are trying to avoid the total laryngectomy they want to perform on him for a malignant growth in his larynx. I read the PH Miracle by Dr. Robert Young, and played with the whole PH thing for a year or more before even knowing there was a problem with my husband, so now we are hitting it full force.

He has achieved an alkalinity of almost 8….I hover between 6.5 and 7.0. Not that great! I thought just going raw would achieve that, but I think the key is lots of greens!! Green leafy veggies especially, as well as cucumber, green beans, sprouts, LOTS of green stuff!! We take Barley Life, wheatgrass would be good….

The recommended ratio in all that I’ve read is between 70:30 or 80:20 alkaline:acidic. Not all fruits, vegetables, grains etc. are alkaline. Anyway, the book was good and one I’d recommend. And anyone that is used to eating raw, should have no trouble with the recipes.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi alive4sure,

I was at the exact same pH as you when I started a 2-week cleanse through my naturopath and ended with a pH of 6.1 (which is more mid/alkaline than the initial acidic reading). This was just as I started eating vegan + raw, so it would be interesting to see where I am now. The strips were given out by our naturopath.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I also struggle with this. I was hoping acidity was the answer to my fluid retention problem. I read it could take up to 3 mo to stabilize alkaline. I imagine one would have to remineralize the areas the body robbed to maintain homeostasis. I can be fairly alkaline during the day but a better guide is your 1st urine after 4 am. All the day readings are more reactionary. Green for Life addresses this issue some as does Conscious Eating by Cousens. He found that a person’s constitutional type also comes into play. Fast oxidizers who need more protein will alkalinize on that and acidify on fruits and veggies. Slow oxidizers follow the general rule of fruits and veggies alkalinze. He also found that your cycle will affect your balance. I bought my first kit from NatualZing.com, but I found refill strips (pHydrion) at swansonvitamins.com for around $5! That was way cheaper than any other site I found. I also read the pH miracle and thought it was a good rescource.

• Thank you Deborahann, I do have both books you mention, so will reread and see what I can find… It is interesting to learn that the constitutional type we are will affect our pH I also appreciated you sharing about where to find the pHydrion strips! I do eat a lot of greens but I don’t think I’ve ever been above 5.5 pH in the past month!

Kandace, I would love to just once have a pH of 6.1 Smile…. I have been vegan for 25 years, and in good health till on a lark I decided to do raw, so maybe I still need to “cleanse” more. Maybe a series of colonics, more sweating with exercise would be beneficial….

• I track mine. Almonds and avocados Seem to alkalize my ph. I don’t eat any fruit(except lemons, tomato, and avocado).I follow the Ph miracle diet by Robert O young.Also you may be having acidic emotions.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i track mine too, mine is always right on the money, i eat tons of fruit and no grains.

• I appreciate all your replies I do eat lots of soaked/sprouted almonds, some avocados, green drinks, fruit, and veggies. I feel I am a happy person, and am very blessed! Just a curious thing…. I quit drinking the pHion water additive that Dr. Robert Young recommends and my pH went up to 7.2 Drinking lemon water seems to have done the trick for me today

• hannahmariehannahmarie Raw Newbie

just curious, what pH do these strips test? obviously not blood pH (since that must be in between 7.35-7.45) so what are you guys testing? pee? spit?

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I actually test both! Tests done during the day are more reactionary, so if you test your saliva 20 min after eating and it is alk, then what you ate was alkalinizing for you. Urine is sort of the same. Fist thing in the am, I test both,but urine is more accurate. The info came from the book that comes with the pH hydrion kit.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

I am reading “Alkalize or Die” at the moment. Does anyone use alkaline drops for their water? What is a good brand?

• heathermarsbomb I purchased the pHion drops from Dr. Young so far I’ve never tested alkaline using the drops. I only test alkaline when I drink lemon water~