Dehydrators

Ok, so I know using an oven completely defies the point….but I have a rather old natural gas stove, which means even when its off, the oven is warm…I wanted to try making crackers by just sitting them in the oven for a day or so…is this a completely bad idea?
I need to get a dehydrator asap…any brand/model you could recommended would be helpful?

aZa

Comments

• Using the barely warm oven is a good idea. Try it & let us know how it works!

• Excalibur all the way! :-)

• ok..so the crackers are in the warm oven for the second day, still soft on the bottom… I’ll let you know how they turn out!

• My husband and I finally invested in an excalibur. We got it brand new on ebay – it was the cheapest I could find it, and trust me, I did A LOT of research first!!

I have the 9 tray because I garden and like to dry tomatoes, etc. but if you don’t want/need to do that many trays at once you would be just fine getting one with a 4 or 5 tray model. You can get a 4 tray for 119.95 or 5 tray for 179.95 each with free shipping right now on ebay (I just checked).

I highly recommend. Check it out.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I recommend getting it through the Excalibur site to ensure you get their great warranty…they are the #1 choice for a dehydrator. I’m not sure you’ll get the warranty if you buy it through ebay…be sure and check. Happy Holidays!