How much do you sleep?

rawgirl1976rawgirl1976 Raw Newbie

I would really like to know how much those who are 100% raw sleep at night. I am pretty close to 100% (Still drinking green tea in the morning and cheating on a meal about once a month) When I ate cooked food I had to have at least 8 hours of sleep and never felt good first thing in the morning. Now I only sleep about 4 or 5 hours and can’t wait to get out of bed.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I’m 100%, and I love my sleep and I can sleep up to 9 or 10 hours. But the difference is that when I only sleep 3 or 4 hours like I have been recently because of being busy, it’s no problem, and I feel exactly the same as if I had 9 hours. I used to feel terrible if I didn’t sleep enough, even getting nauseus and feeling faint, but now it’s no problem.

• PamPam

Interesting topic… I’m definitely wondering, too, what the experience has been. Initially, I was sleeping 9 or 10 hours a night. I had been taking sleeping pills prior and had been troubled by really bad insomnia for over a year. I quit the pills cold turkey and my body just couldn’t get enough sleep. All I needed any time of day or night was a place to lay my head and I was out! Now, I’m down to less than 7 hours a night. The first time I went raw I was at 5 to 6, but can’t quite get there now.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

About six hours on average. An hour or two less than when cooked. I think this is because the quality of my sleep is so much better. I sometimes ‘sleep through the night’ now – I very rarely did when cooked. Also, when I was cooked I used to have to drink lots of water through the night (presumably because my diet, including a couple of alcoholic drinks a night, dehydrated me!). Because of that, I’d also have to get up in the night to use the loo. I don’t have to do either any more thanks to the water I’m getting in my food in the daytime. I usually get up at 5 am no matter what time I go to bed, and hate sleeping ‘late’ till 6 am – I feel I’ve missed some of the day!

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

in the beginning i only slept about 4-6, now i’m like clockwork, 8 hours almost to the minute

• I used to need 10hours of sleep at night, and I still fell asleep during the day and felt tired all the time. Since I am raw I sleep 6.5-8hours though I train every day (long-distance running + spinning) and I work and currently I am also doing 2 courses at college.
    Raw food is like a drug! I am constantly flying and cannot quit.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

Further to last post, realised that I didn’t read the question properly. I’m only 95% raw. I’d really like to be getting up at 4 each morning, so perhaps when I’m 100? :-1) My husband’s the opposite, a night owl. We have been known to bump into eachother when he’s been going to bed and I’ve been getting up. I’m usually in bed by 11 pm, but if I have cacao in the evening I’m awake until the early hours so I just have 3-4 hours sleep and usually feel fine.