Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Face moisturizer?

Hello, I am sure this question has been brought up before but I couldn’t find it. Does anybody have a recipe for a good face moisturizer or face wash made from fruits or vegetables? Thank you,

Comments

• You might find the raw beauty ideas discussion helpful… seems like avocado and coconut oil work well for folks!!

• I like 100% pure shea butter. :-)

Blessings,

Audrey 

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I love 100% shea butter too but it is so hard to find. I like to get it in person so I can see the actually nut being opened. I forgot it was raw. Thanks chilove for reminding me. Is there any sites you trust that have the 100% pure shea butter.

• While I don’t have a recipe for you, I bought this cream with the following ingredients from Tonya Zavestra: Ingredients:

Organic Infusion (Purified Water, Extract of Organic White Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf, Extract of Organic Echinacea (Echinacea Angustifolia) Root, Extract of Organic Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Leaf, Extract of Organic Rosemary (Rosemarinus Officinalis) Leaf, Extract of Organic Elder (Sambucus Nigra) Flower, Extract of Organic Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Citratus Herb) Emulsisifying Wax Coconut (Coconut Nucifera) Oil Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil Capryloyl Glycine Vegetable Glycerin Mango (Mangifera Indica) Seed Butter Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil Natural Vanilla Flavor Seabuckthorn (Hippophae Rhamnoides) Oil

You can check it out at this link: http://beautifulonraw.com/html/cream.html

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

My husband rubs his face with avocado peel , mushy side to the face! Does the trick nicely and makes his face a fetching shade of green

• RawAllaRawAlla Raw Newbie

Pure Jojoba oil is all a person needs to moisturize a face. It’s molecular structure is almost the same as sebum, the skin’s own moisturizer. I wash with good old water and a washcloth, moisturize with Jojoba and every week I do a microdermabrasion with fine sugar and honey (in the shower). Just lovely and I can afford it!

Full Time Raw Vegan
  • JoescJoesc Raw Master

I use Jojoba oil once in a while as a moisterizer because the pure 100% jojoba oil is expensive. Is there a place you get it cheaper online RawAlla?

I buy it by the gallon from http://www.jojobacompany.com. They also sell it in smaller quantities. I am a massage therapist (10 years) and I use it on my clients as well. As oil is my most abundant tool, I don’t mind spending money on it. Our skin is our biggest organ; what do you want to feed it and give it to drink? I have had good luck storing my jojoba in a cool dark place for 6 months. Jojoba is a wax so as far as I know it doesn’t go bad. It is about $50.00 a gallon, Maybe you could split it? Good luck and radiant skin!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Thank You RawAlla for the information. $50 for a gallon is a great deal. I spent around $17 for 2 oz that is why I rarely buy it. I use extra virgin coconut oil because it’s cheaper for me and I get more.

• Rawalla-do you ever add MSM to the jojoba? I know it is the best carrier of MSM and didnt know if anyone had any results from doing this

I have never tried MSM However I do sometimes put the essential Oil of Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) in to make it smell pretty and also to help with my skin.

• I use cold pressed coconut oil on my entire body. It’s fabulous! At first it looks and feels a little greasy but after about 5 minutes your skin will just drink it up! I have gotten so many compliments now that I have begun using coconut oil. My boyfriend is using it too and his face looks so much smoother, more hydrated, and his fine lines are less visible. I love this stuff!

I also use coconut oil in chocolate smoothies to give it a very rich texture. My morning/evening routine usually consists of hot water with raw honey, coconut oil, and a squeeze of lime juice. Try it! You’ll love eating it and using it as a luxurious moisturizer!!

• the best face moisturizer is raw honey. putting oil on your skin blocks pores and really just isnt good for you.

• I use coconut oil and raw virgin shea butter. I also make a face scrub of raw apple cider vinegar,brown sugar and raw honey. You have to work quickly and the sugar melts. Any suggestions for a replacement for the sugar?

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I was able to get some shea butter a few weeks ago!!! I like seeing when they have the actual nut so I can dig it out myself. Why would you need brown sugar. My raw honey is rough every time I put it on my face and it doesn’t melt. It does make my face sticky but I am use to it now.

• I make a scrub,this is seperate from my moisturizer. The sugar acts as a scrub. I have also tries baking soda and water as a scrub. Not sure if the baking soda is good for you???? JOESC,where have you found shea butter with the nut?,it’s never been in mine.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

There was a international festival and the group from Africa had the shea butter. I have only seen it unrefined in Atlanta in very far off place. I was so happy, I got two plastic tubs filled with the shea butter. The only thing I don’t like is if it were processed it would be smooth and one clump.

• I have a few questions… looks like and from past experience I know that sugar and honey are wonderful for our skin but, once your vegan sugar is not so good- since it’s bleached through animal bones and honey is only good if you use raw vegan local farm honey that is cruelty free right? Honey used to be one of my favs and so was sugar for everything! but what could one use in place of honey or sugar that would be as exfoliating as sugar or as smoothing as honey? maybe loofah or ground apricot seed or sea salt? and once I used banana and avocado as a moisturizer on my face it was nice! sugar is most certainly not something I’d use as a vegan nor is honey but it does work so i don’t know…

• Kira. Most companys use some sort of chemical bleach not animal bones, bit the chemicals doesnt make it better. You could choose an unrefined organic sugar like muscovado. I use salt and oil that I mix so it looks like a porridge, an other option is oatmeal or an almond scrub. As a moisteriser i use How now brown cacao by divine botanicals. Its so nice and I can really se a change in my skin.

• daisygirldaisygirl Raw Newbie

Kira- I’ve heard marvelous things about skin brushing on previous posts. I plan to go get a proper brush today. Besides helping remove toxins, it’s supposed to make your skin super smooth.

• One of the things I do is whenever I eat a mango or a papaya, I keep the skin, after eating the fruit part. I rub the skin, fruit side up on my face and let the enzymes work on my skin. I have rubbed the skins of papaya and mango fruit side up on my hands, elbows and heels and then wash it off. The skin is soft, and smells nice too. :)

• liliyavliliyav Raw Newbie

I'm using HeyHoney day and night moisturizer and I love it! But I've seen some new on TheBeautyInsiders website and I am very excited to try them :)

• SandraSandra Raw Jr. Leader

rawveg1964, 

Well i would recommend you to with some natural moisturizer instead of wasting time in looking for a recipe for making moisturizer, moreover moisturizer made of fruit or vegetable by you won't last long!. Right now i am using the tracie martyn face and body moisturizer, its a natural moisturizer free of synthetic fragrances and works wonder on the skin. The rest depends upon your decision.  

• krishna21krishna21 Raw Newbie
    edited July 2023

Hello, I am sure this question has been brought up before but I couldn’t find it. Does anybody have a recipe for a good face moisturizer or face wash made from fruits or vegetables? Thank you,

Hello, yes. The products from Nyassa Bath and Body Works are natural,vegetarian and handmade. I've been using the Nyassa Handcream which is the best handcream for dry hands till date.It contains natural ingredients which arent harmful for skin. I'm happy to switch to natural products. Hope you find your companion as well.

• emmal9673emmal9673 Raw Newbie

Yes, I agree that jojoba oil is great when it comes to moisturize your dry skin. I use the one from Virginic https://virginic.com/collections/oils/products/golden-jojoba-oil and it does its job. It is natural and safe to use and it is very efficient, since I use only a few drops a day. My skin really feels smooth and soft :)

• hannahbananahannahbanana Raw Newbie
    edited March 2022

emmal9673 said:

Yes, I agree that jojoba oil is great when it comes to moisturize your dry skin. I use the one from Virginic https://virginic.com/collections/oils/products/golden-jojoba-oil and it does its job. It is natural and safe to use and it is very efficient, since I use only a few drops a day. My skin really feels smooth and soft :)

OMG I used to use that tooo!!! i'm currently using their night cream though for approximately 4 month now and it has done wonders to my skin, (this one https://virginic.com/collections/moisturizers/products/rich-hydrating-night-cream?variant=8115180929066) i have quite sensitive skin so it was hard for me to hunt for a product that's totally natural and since I only buy vegan makeup etc i usually use it straight after i wash my make-up off after a night out  If you give me a product that smells like shea butter, i am definitely your girl! Besides, I usually don't put in the effort to take care of my skin so it simultaneously makes it easier to take better care of it as it contains plant oils and Vitamin E. Sorry for the long message haha, but thought i would share as my friends also seem to be obsessed with it .