Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw home remedies

koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

I have hyperpigmentation and I was wondering if their was anyway to get rid of it with raw food. My acne has cleared since being raw, but I still have acne scars. It’s so annoying. Please Help!!

Comments

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

have you tried applying coconut oil? I’ll see if I can find more info for you and let you know…

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

How long have you been raw? They may simply go away over time. That’s what happened to a lot of my acne scars and spots.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

RawVoice, yout got rid of you acne scars??? How does that happen!? And how long after being raw did they go away? Is there anything else you tried? I always thought scars don’t go away… and that’s what I’ve been telling my husband (who has acne scars). I know not everyone gets the same results… but he may be willing to try to go all the way raw for this good news!

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

I’ve heard that MSM lotion is good for scars but haven’t tried it yet. I have to get the acne to stop first! Going raw is making mine worse.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

germin8~ This might be a really radical idea for you (and others)

What do you mean “not in my experience”?

Maybe I should have been more clear. What about scars from childhood? My husband rarely ever gets acne now…

• This is not quite a raw natural rememdy, but my BF got a series of microdermabrasion treatments. He had bad acne as a teenager with really bad scars and this smoothed his skin like nothing else. I should also note that he is not 100% raw but about 50-75%.

In my experience, supporting the body at the fundamental level so it has resources to tackle the stuff that “man” has no allopathic “fix” for, healing occurs that for some seems impossible. Eventhough you scarred in childhood, your body has the ability to heal injury (notice evidence of the body’s ability to heal at the age you are now). Simply said, you have not yet given your body the additional resources to heal the scars. That is why some say “over time it heals” when you start meeting more of your body’s nutritional needs. The scars “heal.” Consider one’s body prioritizes healing when it doesn’t have all the resources it needs (like cleaning a house… if you only have a few minutes, you do the “essentials”; if you have tons of time, you tackle those “projects” you have been wanting to do for years). The body will actually steal from one lower priority system and give those resources to a higher priority system that is “challenged.” Healing a scar is low priority for a body in the sense of the body’s primary focus on surviving. The scar is a “bandaide” that closes the wound so the body is protected from anything going into the body that is not suppose to (infection) and nothing leaves the body that is not suppose to (eg. blood). Does that make more sense to you?

Feel free to contact me if you would like additional info.

That is definitely clearer. Thanks Bluedolfin. I am amazed that the body can heal those kinds of scars. My husband would like to hear that kind of news… but I’m not sure he wants to be 100% raw… (at least not yet). I imagine this only occurs with a 100% raw diet.

germin8~ Going 100% raw is not the only option nor is going 100% raw guaranteed to give the body what it needs to

Thanks, Bluedolfin. That’s a GREAT article!

germin8~ I’m glad you find it useful. There is another article there on the loss of nutrition in our produce called From Farm to Table: Nutrient Losses in Fruits and Vegetables that you might also find useful.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Yes, use the MSM lotion on your acne scars. I have the pitted acne scars on my face and I started using MSM lotion on them twice a day – in a month, they were considerabley less noticeable – all most gone. Try taking some MSM internally too – the higher the dosage the better your faster your results.

I use the MSM lotion that David Wolfe makes – it comes in all sorts of yummy scents.

I have had microdermasion for my scars before too – honestly, the scars looked better for a while and than just sort of went back to the way they were before once I stopped it for a while. I don’t think it is “invasive” enough to make a permanent difference.

You really want to get rid of them have an acid peel done – but they are VERY caustic and toxic and not natural and you will look like a leper for a week while your skin peels off.

Definately do the MSM lotion. Works great!

FYI, it is said the reason we scar in the first place is because our bodies are deficient in MSM. MSM is what prevents scars from forming. If you have none in your body, than the scar tissues will not heal and permanent scars will form. MSM stays in the body for 12 hour periods so make sure you use/take it every 12 hours to prevent further scarring and help heal existing scars.

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

Wow thanks so much for the information everyone. I have been using coconut oil on my face and I through all of my other SAD soap away, and bought some coconut soap. I wash my face with coconut soap everyday and that has helped. I really need to get some MSM powder. I could use that for everything. Bathing, facials, green smoothies…ect the list goes on. Thank you all so much for the info.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

coconut oil really is fantastic for problem skin

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

germin8, yes, a lot of old acne scars went away.I’ve also been taking MSM as a supplement for quite some time. It’s very good for the skin and hair.

• AleBrazilAleBrazil Raw Newbie

koolieaided
    A traditional homereemedy for hiper-pigmentation here in Brasil is White Rose Tea.

You steep tea from white roses, let it cool, then apply tincture to affected areas everyday. Keep the tea in the fridge.

Once a week you can drink 1 or 2 glasses of the tea, it is very cleansing.

You can also apply fresh papaya with your hands onto skin and cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes.

I don

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

Hey Ale,
    Thanks for the comment. I don’t use sunscreen for some reason it makes me darker. I will definitely have to try the tea it seems really good. No one has ever told me about that before, and I’m really excited to try it out.
    Thank you so much! Hugs to you Ale.