Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Changes in food volume when going raw?

MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I was at least 98% raw for a few weeks and then deviated for the week before adn after Thanksgiving. Since then I have received my high speed blender and today my dehydrator. I am on my 5th day raw. I have noticed a remarkable difference in the volume of food I eat since going raw. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I don’t want to mention if I want more or less food as I would rather hear your experience, if you had one. Thanks.

Comments

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Being fulfilled with less has been my experience. As you are getting more nutritionally wise, when eating living food/raw food. : )

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

When I first went raw, I found I had to eat much more food than when I was cooked. Otherwise, I’d get hungry and I’d be tempted to eat prepared cooked food. A lot of raw foods digest quickly. Now, for some reason, I find I eat less on raw. Probably because I’ve lost a lot of weight, and my body doesn’t want as much food anymore.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I eat far less food now than I did when I was eating SAD. I eat bigger salads and lots of green smoothies, but the volume of food by comparison is small.

• Same here, I noticed I’m less hungry and eat way less than before I started raw. I eat way more fruits and veggies than ever. And I love green smoothies.

• When I first went raw I ate RIDICULOUS amounts of food! Like… really outrageous, seemingly impossible quantities. But that was before I got my dehydrator, so it was mostly fresh stuff.

Now I don’t eat as much. I’ll still eat HUGE salads every once in a while. But overall, now I eat much less than at first.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

So glad to hear your responses, which seem to be like mine. From everything I had read, I thought I would increase the volume of food I ate. I have been off raw (although not SAD) and back on two times once, taking an extended Thankgsgiving break. After about the third day all raw, my food consumption drop by over 50%. I find that amazing. I also don’t think about food as much. Most importantly, after the third day of all raw my energy level shoots way up.

Another great benefit to eating raw is that if I am eating much less, I can afford to eat the higher quality foods. Where I live, we have few options for organic food much less raw, organic food. The latter is very pricey.

One last thing I would like to solicit your opinions on. I sat down the other day and calculated my caloric intake. I need to lose app. 120 lbs. When that weight has come off (and it will because although I haven’t weighed myself I can tell I am just days from needed to buy new clothes) I am not taking in enough calories right now to sustain an ideal weight. The last two days I have been perfectly satisfied eating app. 1100 calories. I wonder if this is temporary since I am burning stored fat. Any thoughts?