Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw for six months

My goal is to go completely raw for about six months (this is my eighth day) and see how I feel and all after the intital cleansing (which I ought to be done in six months) goes. But I find it so hard seeing beautifully perfect people who enjoy perfect health eat all they want of toxic food without any apparent negative results. There’s one person I know of like that who teases me about raw food. I would like to prove that raw food is healing (which I know it is). Right now I guess I just need some encouragement because I want to see the results I want sooner than is possible. :0) Impatient me. I love doing raw, but today I just need encouragement. Has anyone else had this experience? Or is doing a long raw goal thing?

Comments

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Hi Sky Princess,

I have been 95% raw since April of this year.

My boyfriend eats a diet of meat and chips. I used to think that he looked healthy and was healthy.

After being on raw for 8 months I look, feel and am different.
    I’m toned and my face glows. My eyes sparkle. My hair is shiny. I’m happy and vibrant all of the time. My mental capacity has increased. I had a cold virus a few weeks ago that was gone in 6 hours.
    What I am now is what true health is. Now when I look at my boyfriend I see his skin is greyish, his eyes are so dull, he has no energy and slobs around not feeling the need to get up and do something and he is miserable for so much of the time.

I used to be the same as my boyfriend and it is only from eating raw for this long that I now see what TRUE health is.

Also, just because your friend seems in perfect health all the time whilst eating toxic food, doesn’t mean that your friend is in perfect health on the inside.

Perhaps you will feel differently about your friend in 8 months time.

Go for it! And if you need any support please say!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Finding substitutes for food I used to like has helped me a lot.

In the UK there are some raw bars available called Nakd bars. They’re probably the equivalent of a cereal bar.

You can eat raw chocolate!

Browse through the recipes on here and make some delicious cakes and meals.

You won’t miss anything at all =)

• Thanks Cheerydeb. I really appreciate your encouragement!!! I need that support!

• I’m two weeks in to my first adventure with 100% raw food. I set myself with a much shorter goal – just 4 weeks. I will be helping prepare a holiday meal this year and although there will be raw on the menu, I’m sure I’ll eat cooked food, so I figured I should ‘let’ myself do it instead of ‘failing’ and feeling guilty later. If raw food is as wonderful as everyone says it is, then I should be back to 100% after the holidays because the cooked food will make me feel bad! I’ll just have to reassess then.

My boyfriend is being very supportive. He eats fast food and candy all the time…but he looks like he does too! Since dating me, he’s actually become healthier (I’m a vegetarian and actually ate a lot of raw foods before really knowing about ‘the movement’). But it can be frustrated to watch him eat a burger and drink a beer and go about his business. But I sleep less then him after only 2 weeks raw and I have way more energy. It’s still hard though!

You can do this! If you have ‘friends’ that aren’t being supportive, or are even poking fun at you, I would think hard about that friendship. Let that person know that this is extremely important to you and that you hope they can be supportive because you can’t spend time with negative people when you are making this hard transition. I bet they will understand and change their tune!

Good luck!

• Thanks so much Madness and Cheerydeb!!! You’re great. I really need some positive encouragement. If anyone else has any stories of how they feel after weeks or months on raw it would be welcome…

• Often, a lot of non-raw people who look attractive are wearing a ton of makeup. It’s finals week at my school, and a lot of the women in my class have stopped wearing their foundation, bronzers, blush, etc. Wow. So much dull skin. I stopped wearing makeup after two weeks on a raw diet, and even though I’m only sleeping four hours a night my skin still looks healthy.

Also during my first few weeks of eating raw, people claimed that I was smiling more. I know that I had more energy and felt more interested in other people. If you have a positive attitude, other people will feel it too, and they’ll find you attractive.

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Sky Princess,

by choosing living food, you have entered a wondrous journey which will take you even beyond all your expectations for the best. Open yourself to that & enjoy the ride : )

People in time will feel inspired by you because you will be a living proof of your healthy lifestyle without having to prove nor say anything. It happens to me all the time. Once they ask, I gladly share with them what is my lifestyle preference. This way it peaks their curiosity then they often ask for more info (classes I teach,books on the subject…).

As far as people eating poorly & looking great … it is only short term, trust me, their body will fall apart at some point.

May this be helpful to you.
    You have my loving support.
    Wishing you the very best.

ps: i just read your member bio. & it is already radiant, inspirational, beautiful, profond … if I was not eating raw you would have already peaked my curiosity & interest. For 6 months or less or more, I have faith you can do this : )

• Thanks Delphine! You’re so encouraging!!! Bless you!

You are very welcome dear One.
    Know that I am here so are many other members of Gone Raw. Feel our support & embrace at all time while on your journey.
    Blessings & Love

ps: Sky Princess, I would like to invite you to email me directly so I may share with you what I see in you (your gifts). My email is on the “contact page” of my website www.EmotionalSerenity.com

• sky princess: it’s SO hard in the first few weeks. you’re still craving things you ‘can’t have’...and i think the hard feelings of seeing others eat what they want and remain ‘healthy’ actually stems a little from anger. ooh, i’ve been there! i realized that after about three weeks on raw foods, i stop craving the junk. it just becomes foreign. this thanksgiving, something inside me just HAD to eat my family’s traditional food, and it was almost flavorless! plus it made me feel nauseated, irritable, and tired. the next day i didn’t have ANY problems not eating junk again! lol

just remember: some people think they’re perfectly healthy, and they discover they have cancer and aren’t expected to live another 6 months. some people chain-smoke for 80 years and die at 102 years old with CLEAN lungs! some people look great until 40 and then they age 20 years in 6 months. everyone’s different. my sister is beautiful…gorgeous actually…and she eats NOTHING but pure garbage. candy, rockstars, taco bell, jack-in-the-box…she is bi-polar and has taken lithium (which is VERY hard on your body) for the last 6 years or so. you’d never know it. no pores or blackheads, thick shiny hair, no body odor, nothing.

now, here is the TRUTH about my sister: she is 28 years old. my mom said she was always constipated for 3 or 4 days at a time, since she was a baby. during her second pregnancy, though, my sister went a month without having a bowel movement. a month! no exaggeration! get this: it happened regularly during and after her third pregnancy, and steadily got worse as the years went by…the last year or two, she’s only gone about once every month and a half on average…and at the moment, it’s been 2 and a half MONTHS since she had a bowel movement. no lie.

she has no peristalsis in her colon- meaning her colon doesn’t make the movements needed to push waste along. it literally sits there until her colon is so full it HAS to come out.

i’ve told her and told her that eating raw would help. i have NO IDEA how she has the energy she does when she is that full of crap- literally…that becomes the only ugly thing about her. her stomach sticks out, almost like she’s 4 months pregnant, while the rest of her body is very thin. she only eats maybe once a day- and you can guess what she eats. she doesn’t care or worry about her diet.

but she needs to. the doctor just told her that she’ll have a colostomy bag in 6 months, unless a miracle happens. she’s been throwing up constantly because the doctor has her on all sorts of laxatives, which don’t do anything but make her sick.

again, you’d never know it! she skips around and acts like an idiot with the best of them, has tons of friends, always has a new boyfriend, all of that.

but you have to figure: she WILL have a colostomy bag. it has to catch up with you somehow! with raw people, we are generally more peaceful, spiritual, open, and many of us stop going to the doctor altogether. we get to experience what really matters.

you never know what really goes on with others…just do the best for yourself and try to feel good any which way you can…life will mean much more!

good luck to you. i’m here if you ever need support…;-)

• Thanks for the encouragement, jamestheraw.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I wish I’d have come upon this BEFORE I ate the pizza and chocolate! I was 100% raw for a couple of weeks and felt wonderful! Enough to know I want to keep trying. Then, the junk cravings kicked in again. I have struggled horribly ever since. I just did a 5 day cleanse and I’m already back on the junk. Tomorrow is another day, though and I just got a greenstar and hope to a lot of veggie juice to my diet. I’m hoping that and wheatgrass helps. This is an inspiring thread. I’m sorry to hear about your sister Jamestheraw,becase my Dad suffered from ulcerative colitis for most of his life and never was he ever told to try a hypoallergenic diet. He had to have his colon removed about 15 years ago and I could cry every time I think about how he probably could have been cured with a proper diet. In general people just don’t realize how important you diet is when it comes to chronic disease.

Hi Deborahann and everybdoy else,

I would like to suggest you to keep your focus on your progress each day, as what we think repeatedly we create
    : )
    You have my support.
    May this be helpful.
    Wishing you the very best.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Yes, I have found daily affirmations very effective at helping to change that negative internal dialogue that goes on in many of us. I have finally learned to forgive myself when I falter and this has greatly lessened the stress in my life. Slowly but surely I will get to where I want to be. Thanks for the support

Hi again Deborahann,

you are welcome.

Good.(positive & forgiveness).

We are all on a journey, moving from being unconscious to being conscious, remembering ultimately our true potential/nature. Each of us, learn this through different means. You have my support on your journey.

ps:
    Deborahann, you might find this link helpful:
    http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/1521