Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

natural laxative

juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

Hi there. What is the best food to eat for this?

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Spinach also has laxative qualities. Watermelon (lots of it) cleans me out very well. Drinking warm water upon rising in the morning helps. Flax seed is good. I eat it regularly, ground. There are herbs that help too, like senna leaf.

• I find pears to be helpful..and spinach is great too.

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

figs fresh &/or soaked overnight dried ones.
    Rest in the knowingness that the more you will eat living food though the least you will have blockages : )
    May this be helpful. Wishing you the very best

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Cocoa does it for me. Eating raw chocolate will have me on the toilet within an hour.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Staying really hydrated seems to work for me (at the moment). I’ve been doing the raw thing for almost a year now and while I feel great in a million ways constipation still plagues me. Thrilling info I know. Warm water with lemon first thing in the morning is my new religion. It works 75% of the time. The rest of the time I don’t know what the #$$%$#@ is going on. All this is just my way of saying “experiment.”

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Wheatgrass juice and watermelon are very effective.

• I had BIG problems with constipation before going raw. I found the best product for this, “Cleanse More” by renew life. Try it! It works.

• Are you just looking to stay regular or do you want to have an enormous and dramatic evacuation?
    For staying regular, anything with fiber is good, but it’s important to drink a lot of water too. If you eat a lot of fiber, but don’t drink enough water, you’ll make any constipation worse.

• 16 oz of watermelon, rind and seed, first thing in the morning and nothing for 30 min. after. Soaked raisins overnight and eat with a raw lunch or dinner. 10 oz carrot and 6 oz spinach juice. 16 oz of apple juice in am instead of the watermelon.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

“Smooth Move” tea is also excellent.

• For a day, I had a ton of natural organic blueberries and I was all cleaned out by the end of the day! Also, warm lemon water is a GREAT laxative. You can use it every morning. On an empty stomach works best.

• There’s always brans and pysillium that are helpful. But go easy on the pysillium if you take it as I’ve heard (Correct me if I’m wrong) that it bulks up 30x its size, much more than other brans.
    But yah, I really just recommend a lot of fibre, which all fruits and veggies are chock full of.
    www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• Coconut water!!...not the kind sold in boxes but get the young coconuts (not the hairy round ones)...hammer holes in them and drain. Great intestinal cleanser!

• I second the Smooth Move tea! Works wonders overnight!

• How quickly do these all work??

• Watermelon in AM works sometimes before you finish the 16 oz. Depends on each body.

• Senna Tea. Its a natural herbal laxative.

• okra, pears and pinneapple are really good to get you moving…
    not all together tho ;)

• If you’re having trouble going, and you eat nuts and seeds daily, I would recommend not eating them. They are notorious for blocking me up for days! The only way for me to end the blockage is by getting a colonic!!

Off topic, but out of curiosity reelraw, can you eat okra raw? It’s one thing I have not tried….and I’m very interested in knowing how to prepare it. :)

• i had some raw okra just tonight! I think it taste pretty good I put it in my salad!

• For those in the Pacific Northwest, blackberry leaves soaked overnight will do the trick, usually overnight, but sometimes faster. Interestingly, the fruits have the opposite effect when eaten in large quantities. Be careful also of eating too many banannas, as they can constipate, too.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Blackberry leaves? Hmm, thats interesting. After you soak them, do you eat the leaves or the soaked water?

Oh, and I’ve also been curious about okra. My family eats it cooked all the time as part of the rotation of dinner meals. How do you prepare it raw? Do you just wash and use?

As for a natural laxative, HEMP SEEDS!!! They just help you ‘go’ if you have about 4-5 tablespoons daily in the morning. If you do this on a regular basis, you will find that you will ‘go’ almost after every meal! I read about this on the container of hemps that I buy and its true!! I would ramble on about all the other benefits I’ve experienced with hemps but that would be off topic!

• pumpkin seeds, rhubarb, oat bran(raw?) and plums

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Did anyone mention prunes yet? Especially when they are soaked, oh yum! The soak water also tastes nice!

• not to get too off topic but chakra essence i eat raw okra all of the time! i usually just toss it in olive oil and sea salt and top it with some fresh corn and / or tomatoes. im southern and grew up on okra and tomato gumbo so i gotta have my okra. here is a recipe i found for raw okra gumbo which sounds pretty good: http://www.blackvegetarians.org/recipes/okraste…

• this is probably silly?????Isn’t okra,the outside pretty hairy? How do you prepare?

• Thanks reelraw!!

• PRUNES!

• Yes, prunes are excellent! – a handful soaked overnight, don’t forget to drink soakwater, too!
    Soaked figs must be great also, they contain LOTS of fiber!

• flax!