New to Raw

Hi I’m Bri, a vegetarian, interested in going raw. I am glad I found this community to learn from. So many of the recipes look delicious. I look forward to learning more about the equipment, preparation, and health benefits of raw food :)

Comments

• Welcome! The recipes I’ve tried have all been great—many even better than ones I’ve gotten from the raw books I’ve bought!

-Hallie (new to the raw journey, 2 weeks)

• Hi Bri! We hope you find Gone Raw helpful. We will definitely put more info on here about the equipment soon, I think it might be nice to get some idea of what to actually look for in a blender or food processor. It’s pretty common knowledge among some “raw foodists” that many blenders just won’t cut it, for example. We’ve been saving up for a Vita Mix blender for a while now…

• Hi. I’m Paula and am new to raw. I’ve started and am still learning. I want to thank everyone for all of their questions and answers on this forum. I had so many questions and couldn’t find direct answers until I came here. I feel much more empowered now and feel like I can definitely stay raw even through the holidays.

• Hi Paula, nice to meet you. We’ll do our best to help you, I think most raw foodists would agree that the holidays can be particularly trying!

• I’m a bit concerned for the holidays. We are going to Grandma’s house. Grandma is a true Southern belle and she cooks for everyone. I’m planning to take an arsenal of food that I can eat and plan to share. :) It should make for a fun couple of days. If nothing else I know I can do smoothies without looking too odd.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi Paula and Bri…So glad you’ve both joined. And Jenny, too.

I’m a bit concerned for the holidays.

This is my first year visiting with family as vegan and eating raw foods – just as they were getting used to my vegetarianism! I’m definitely bringing an appetizer of raw hummus, crackers and olives. Anyone has to love that, right! Also, I offer to bring the salad and make a raw dressing. Between the two, I’ve got a meal!

• Happy Holidays everyone. When it was time to leave for our vacation I had been raw for almost 2 weeks and feeling great. I found travelling in the car and trying to eat raw while travelling was so hard. I didn’t pack the right foods and I totally tanked at eating raw while on vacation. In 5 days time I gained all the weight back that I had lost and felt so MISERABLE and cranky that I went raw again. I’ll try again for another vacation to pack better. I don’t have any other vacations planned so I can be really steeped in the raw ways before I have to do it again.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I don’t have any other vacations planned so I can be really steeped in the raw ways before I have to do it again.

Hope you’re feeling better after the holidays! These seem to be the toughest time for everyone to eat healthy.