Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

chrisstmas

elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

Hi all,
Sooo as you know christmas is coming around, and in writing my christmas list (and in the interest of saving myself dissappointing purchases) I’m coming to you…raw foodies, possibly with an experience of buying raw food products on the internet.
Sooo if you have purchased a raw food book, raw food…food (i.e. chocolate from mr wolfe, little treats from rawguru, nut butters, etc.), supplements, or yoga videos, off of the internet and have been immensely pleased with the results, I would love to hear about it.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Hi Elizabethh,

here is one suggestion living food wise:
    livingtreecommunity.com
    I just love these top quality products & this company’s way of life. You are welcome to let them know: Jesse the President or Cevrine the sell manager that I gave you their info. I do not get paid for this but enjoy recommending the best of the best out there : )

May this be helpful.
    Wishing you the very best : )

ps: Here are three more links to explore then to choose from:
    goraw.com
    itsalivefood.com (we love their crackers)
    gaiam.com …
    Enjoy ! : )

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I love Ani Phiyo’s book it is really excellent.

• Hey Elizabethh, I have had really good experiences with 2 companies online. The first is Gaim for yoga dvds and equipment. The other was Sigg reusable water bottles. Both were easy and sent the goods quickly. Happy Holidays!
    gaiam.com
    mysigg.com

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

thanks guys!!
    has anybody had any experience with “nature’s first food”?

• Yes, elizabethh, I bought this very expensive product when I first went raw a couple of months ago. I still haven’t finished it. I had just come off a fast and thought it would really enhance my new lifestyle (see all the claims and testimonials). The only way I can take it is with fresh celery, carrot, tomato and lemon juice first thing in the morning. I can’t imagine taking it with coconut water and cacao nibs as recommended – gah! It tides me over until lunch, but I don’t notice any amazing benefits. I feel more nourished and energized from a good old whole raw food green smoothie, sans “super” foods.

I have to say that since reading up on Wolfe – I don’t trust him and he kind of freaks me out. I don’t think, however, that his products are dangerous just not at all beneficial or necessary.

If someone gave me a nice basket of fresh organic fruit (maybe with some of the pricier ones I don’t buy for myself) I would be thrilled and they wouldn’t go to waste like many of the superfoods (maca, coconut oil and NFF) I’ve bought on line. Happy shopping!

• I should say that I’m not against all raw food add ons. I’m addicted to Artisana’s raw organic coconut butter (their really raw tahini’s also very good). I have to stop myself eating it out of the jar and it’s essential in my winter warmer – evil raw fatty drink – the recipe of which I’m afraid to post lest the 80/10/10 fat police jump all over me.

Please share openly your recipe: evil raw fatty drink. As it is normal to need more fat during the winter to keep warm.
    I am listening : )

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

diamond organics has fabulouse stuff and even some raw items!

• I wasn’t going to reply to any topics today but when I saw this one I just had to offer my suggestion… If you’d like to buy some scrumptious raw goodies for yourself our own omshanti just happens to sell raw treats and you can order from her website. I was so totally lucky to be able to try her granola, chips and snack bars and they were crazy good!! Didn’t last a week. Infact my husband kept eating the granola I had to hide it just to have some!

The only books (raw) I’ve ever read were by the Boutenkos, my fave being Green for Life, and I don’t know a thing about yoga but if you don’t have a raw food thingy (ie dehydrator, sprouting jars, high speed blender, etc) maybe you can treat yourself to one or a new one?

Just my 2 cents worth.. Good luck! K-Mom

• A company I would NOT recommend is Harvest Essentials (vendor) or Kitchen Resource (manufacturer). I got my L’Equip dehydrator from Harvest Essentials. It has a “12 year warranty” but stopped working after only 2 months. When I called H.E. they referred me to the manufacturer and would not take a return or exchange of the product. I had to pay to ship the dehydrator back to the manufacturer myself so they can try to fix it. Also, H.E. would charge me a 15% restocking fee to return the defective piece of junk, and I would have to pay the shipping to return it, but only if I still had the original packaging. Noone from H.E. would ever return my calls (they only communicate via e-mail apparently), and Kitchen Resource (the manufacturer) has the worst customer service EVER! Even when I asked to talk to a manager or supervisor, she was so rude. Maybe I should start a new thread about this to keep this one positive for Christmas :)

Cafe gratitude has some wonderful items, food and otherwise. http://www.cafegratitude.com/store/

• Hi again.. I was on my mobile when I posted the last message so I wanted to pop in again and give you the link to Omshanti’s page if you were interested in browsing her goodies.. it’s http://www.granolasspecialtyfoods.com and you can email her for more info or to set up a shippment.

Renoir sorry to hear that you had such a rotten experience with your dehydrator.. good luck if you get a new one (different brand of course!)

Enjoy! K-Mom