Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What have been your greatest challenges & wonders on your vegan living food path?

DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

I would love to hear what have been your greatest challenges & wonders on your vegan living food path?

My past challenge:

Comments

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

When I was vegetarian then vegan I only received negative comments from my hubby and son when he visited.But since I have been trying the raw food way of eating and it has ony been a month my hubby thinks I look very healthy and I’m actually getting some encouragement from him.My son still thinks a meal is not a meal without meat and his partner is also a big meateater.
    I’m starting to think it was bread causing a lot of my problems.Anyway enough of my rambling on….

“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.”

Dr. Ann Wigmore, N.D

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

thank you ajc : )

My intent in starting this post is for people to realize how We Are One in so many ways which includes in our choice, challenges & wonders on the rawfood path.

Wishing you all the best of the best : )

• My parents don’t support raw food or veganism or even vegetarianism.

• Raw food prep is time consuming. It is worth it because I feel great when I eat raw, but I spend soooo much time in the kitchen that I often neglect other parts of my life. I have been trying to find a happy medium so I can still make time for other healhty things, like exercise.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

I’ve actually cut my kitchen time at least in half by going raw, since most of my meals are very simple, and on a daily basis the most complicated thing I’ll do is throw stuff into a blender or food processor.
    my biggest challenge must have been the one month trip in ireland, particularly because i was there with a bunch of friends who were basically there for taking advantage of the lax id checking and binge drinking constantly (including in the morning). i stayed 100% raw on bananas, cucumbers, apples, and the VERY occasionally green drink if i was lucky enough to stumble upon a juice bar.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

the hardest thing for me is learning to stop eating after dark. habits are hard to break.

• Quitting coffee. I went cold turkey and felt like I was losing my mind for about two weeks with the headaches and mood swings. It was worth it, but I wish there was a less painful way for people to quit.

• My biggest challenge about raw foods is the vegan part. I never intended to be vegan. I was raised vegetarian, but eggs and dairy have always been in my diet. I raise the animals that provide these foods to me and now I feel like their resources are being wasted. I’m trying 100% raw vegan for a month (day 19 so far) and then I’ll reassess as to whether or not to include raw dairy and cooked eggs into my diet. I just don’t have the same health convictions about these products as some people do. And because of that, I face another challenge. Sometimes I don’t feel like I fit into the raw community – especially when I need support from it. But I’m just beginning and difficulties should be expected!

• Madness – you are doing the right thing by at least giving raw veganism a try. I hope you find the support you need on these boards, even though we are mostly vegan, we are all on a journey towards health :o)

As for my greatest challenge, grrr, it has been to stay focused when the rest of my life is completely out of balance. I get depressed and all of the sudden its like “who cares?! Pass on the organic blue corn tortilla chips and the bean soup!” I have also been feeling worse than ever… cooked food is terrible.

Hi Madness,

The living Food lifestyle is ultimately a journey, we are all walking it, learning from it everyday, you are not alone.

Also, as you might have read Vegan rawfood is what works best for my body yet know that no matter if you are vegan or not, I fully welcome you here & I am sure many others do too.
    Lastly, if your need help, support … about rawfood, at any time I am here.

• My greatest wonder—I’ve started growing my own food a couple months ago—all kinds of sprouts & I’m making my own yogurt too. I think it’s pretty amazing to see all these baby plants & eating food that’s so incredibly fresh.

The hardest part in going vegan 12 years ago was the non-acceptance from the people in my life. It destroyed many social relationships. When I meet people now, they know I’ve been a long-term veg from Day 1, so they accept it & don’t try to change me. But when someone knows you from meat days, they hate to see you change sides & try to convince you otherwise.

One “small” difficulty I have within raw/vegan circles is that I’m not 100% raw , so I don’t exactly fit a raw board (I cook some sprouts in boiling water to become more edible, I sometimes steam veggies, and I make yogurt with soy milk). So I’m more “living” or “sproutarian” than raw.

Also, I don’t care for pets & so many vegans are really into domesticated animals.

But we all have our slightly different practices in life, and hopefully can still be a part of the online community.

Ron,
    what I wrote to Madness, I extend to you too : )

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hey Madness, and Ron4540 – I love you whether you are vegan or eat dairy or whatever. Even though I am vegan it makes no differnce to me what other people do, I won’t judge you on your eating habits. I think us vegans are very open minded accepting people on the whole. And I also don’t care if you are 100% raw or not, I am but that is my way, I feel great on it and would like everyone to feel like I do,so I promote 100% raw , but this doesn’t mean I reject or don’t want to know you if you aren’t.

I think most people on this forum feel the way I do. I don’t think you should feel like you’re not part of the gang:)

• Thanks everyone. I think the people on this forum are far more accepting then the people in the raw food group here in town. I went to a few potlucks and asked about raw dairy. I got sooooo many lectures about how I would be completely ruining my body and it wouldn’t even be worth eating the rest of my foods raw because of the dairy poison. I know that Carol Alt and some others do eat raw dairy though. I think if it works for your body, then go with it.

Anyway, thanks for the support! We are all different and even if we ate the same things, we would STILL be different! Embrace those differences, I say!

Hi Madness,

re: “We are all different and even if we ate the same things, we would STILL be different! Embrace those differences, I say!”

Absolutely : )